Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Rempal

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
That's pretty impressive. He must have some kind of talent the team values to get someone with such limited exposure.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Ontario is going to be fun to watch next season. Getting a big injection of youth.

I'm thrilled with these moves as things were looking pretty bleak next year with the exception of Clague being likely added to our roster. We'll still have to battle to score. Several guys are likely moving on, including Mersch and Crescenzi. I'm hoping the Kings ink Rymsha in the off season too.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
heard his name rumbling about the same time as rempal and eyssimont, nice to see kids want to play here. snatching up multiple "sought after" college players in consecutive days is impressive for blake and co

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

I really do like his determination in pursuing the puck, he seems to show some high awareness in positioning, both with his stick and his body. His dogged pursuit of the puck reminds me a bit of Williams, and he certainly isn't afraid of digging and battling in the corners.

Rempal also likes to play on his off-wing on the PP. If Brodzinski moves up to the parent team next season, I could see Rempal filling in for his spot.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
5'10, 154 lbs. Dude's tiny.

Hopefully he can beef up a bit.

Size matters not.

4318087_640px.jpg

Reactions: go4hockey

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
He was one of the best players in the ECAC last year. I think only one player had more points than him.

Ryan Donato was the best offenseive player in the conference and went straight to the NHL recently. He's had an immediate impact with Boston. 5 points (3g, 2a) in 6 games so far.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Saw him play live tonight for the first time in a real pro contest. Scored a couple goals and definitely stands out speed and quickness wise compared to the other Reign forwards.

How is his agility and awareness? Is he shifty enough to avoid getting creamed? That's what makes or breaks a lot of the smaller guys.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
How is his agility and awareness? Is he shifty enough to avoid getting creamed? That's what makes or breaks a lot of the smaller guys.

regulate can answer better, but with what little I've seen, he needs to utilize his quickness better.

He has exceptional agility and quickness, but he hasn't learned how to use it to get out of trouble. At the next level, teams and players are quicker and know what to expect.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
He ducked under a couple of big checks , Calgary had some big boys on defense, seems to be just quick enough to survive lol, he should get a cup of coffee just to see how he would be with guys like kempe or Lewis , same with luff he was on the forecheck all night

Last edited:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Thanks. I don't expect the guy to be Gaudreau or even DeBrincat, but if he has that shifty skating and escapability they possess he'll at least have a shot. I'm gonna try to get out there and catch a few games to see him play.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
If he continues to progress during the year adapting to the speed of the pro game and looks anything like he did last night on a consistent basis, pretty good chance he gets a look during the season.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
If he continues to progress during the year adapting to the speed of the pro game and looks anything like he did last night on a consistent basis, pretty good chance he gets a look during the season.

The way it's going, I think you will have a lot of the guys up for a look-see or two....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad