Strangle

May 4, 2009
  1. Block Berube's number
  2. Get the MLSE dump truck
  3. Fill it with money
  4. Deliver it to Rod the Bod and his bench
  5. Plan the Parade

The money truck needs to go to Bettman to release Coach Q from purgatory

We know Quennville will coach again, would be really unfortunate to miss out on him and watch him coach another team because he hasn’t sat out long enough yet

Reactions: Beanzy and Tak7

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
If Berube is the choice, he would have been signed by now. Something doesn't add up. I could be wrong but maybe something else is brewing.
that would likely be the Brind'Amour contract getting pulled, and losing again with a better roster, the Canes may want a change too

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
That was hilarious.

Left him standing on the sidewalk with his suitcases while the bus peeled off. Ruthless. That's what the Leafs should have done with Keefe.

Apparently the problem with Gallant isn't his coaching but his ability to wear out his welcome by rubbing owners and players the wrong way.
I am not sure that his departure from NY had more to do with anything beyond his perceived failure to adapt to in-game changes in that last playoff. I am not going to link a bunch of Reddit crap but his stubborn use of the regular season lines exactly the same way in the playoffs whether they were succeeding or not was mentioned by a bunch of Rags fans. This sounds a bit like SK which would be problematic. However he did get to the finals with Vegas so he obviously isn't a plug. Not on my list but I would still be much more excited to see what the club would do for him if he was the guy rather than another year of Sheldon..

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Screenshot-2024-05-17-112607.png

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
The serious candidates got in-person interviews, the rest Zoom calls.
Probably why we only heard about the two (unless I've been asleep and missed others).

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
That is such a lazy argument. Covid screwed everyone the same. Smart teams that signed smart contracts were fine. Teams that thought ahead were fine. The leafs screwed themselves like they always do with piss poor owners and decision makers.

Add. Whether CV hit or not a recession was looming. I poseted about it during the big 4 signings to crickets mostly.
I thought the Leafs were the only ones that got screwed by Covid ? :sarcasm:

If I recall it was the number 3 on the reasons for failure behind George Parros and the Marleau contract

• Haha
Reactions: ACC1224

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
If you are Tre: you don't interview coaches until you KNOW who you want.

You might keep an open mind and consider other possibilities. Or if your main candidate says: "I'm under investigation for felony XYZ" ... you could pick someone else.

The other interviews are useful to the candidates because it gets their names back on the scene for future jobs.

Tre had his man a long time ago.

It's clear.

Congrats to Berube.
+Like

Reactions: horner

thinkblue

Oct 6, 2020

You might keep an open mind and consider other possibilities. Or if your main candidate says: "I'm under investigation for felony XYZ" ... you could pick someone else.

The other interviews are useful to the candidates because it gets their names back on the scene for future jobs.

It's clear.

+Like
Other interviews are also useful to get more info and input on your own team. I don't buy the "optics" argument.

Reactions: horner

tony135420

Jul 30, 2007
Other interviews are also useful to get more info and input on your own team. I don't buy the "optics" argument.
It's also part of doing your due diligence on the person that you favor. Comparing other candidates approach to how they would coach your team and how it stacks up against the guy you want. Sometimes giving yourself time to analyze other perspectives is the best thing you can do for your hiring process. It will either solidify your opinion or give you pause to make the right choice3 off the hop and not get sucked into your own tunnel vision.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

It's clear.

+Like

I completely disagree... line up a few candidates that align with your vision.

Knowing who you want, and then lining up some candidates just for optics or the off chance they can persuade you to deviate from your decision, it's silly.

I also think that GMs don't know systems as well as they should to interview coaches, I'd hope there are more people asking questions.

Mar 26, 2010
Berube is not a better coach than Keefe. This move will backfire fast on Treliving.

I guess Shanahan had to save his own job. Keefe was the sacrificial lamb.

Mar 26, 2010
Berube says culture shock to me. Leafs need one badly. I just dont see the fit right now to be successful unless Brad does some serious re-construction
The team will be worse under Berube. Firing Keefe was a scapegoat to take the spotlight off Shanahan.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Berube is not a better coach than Keefe. This move will backfire fast on Treliving.

I guess Shanahan had to save his own job. Keefe was the sacrificial lamb.
I am not going to defend Berube all day, but to say that Keefe is a better coach is just silly. As far as I can tell with Keefe, he has all the moves of a junior coach.

Reactions: TimeZone and horner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad