Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe Fired -- Discussion Thread

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Looks like its going to be berube. not my # 1 sand i would still like them to wait on BrindAmour tosee

craig has experience. won a cup. can motivate. likes heavy D , tough play and heavy forcheck .. this all aligns with brad

problem is the team plays nothing like this lol .. brad needs to re-shape a lot this off-seasom

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
One Perspective on Berube -

Man, there is a WHOLE lot of excuses in that post about the Blues failings and not one bit of blame for it directed at Berube.

Secondly, a lot of those GM decisions (letting players like Dunn walk, etc.) give the impression (by omission) that Berube himself had absolutely no say in any of them. Sure it's possible, but it seems like a rare scenario where a GM makes moves without at least consulting with his coach.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
He’s getting the token interview.
I think that's all it is, as well. They have to say they spoke to a bunch of guys, just like they did with the GM search, before hiring the guy that everyone knew from the outset they were going to hire. It will be the same here.

Reactions: BallardEra

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
He’s getting the token interview.

They would do it by phone if it was a token interview.

Well from what I've heard Shanny and Tre met with Berube yesterday ? Not sure how credible but say quite a few people on Twitter saying they were spotted having dinner. They're probably interviewing all the candidates before making a final decision.

Well if its on Twitter it must be true.

I bet they ate at Boston Pizza too right?

The Leafs are literally the Thornton/Marleau-era Sharks so I can see why they think he'd be a fit.

You mean two of the vets they brought in to bring the youngsters along?

If anyone wonders how they ended up like they did, there's the reason right there.

• Haha
Reactions: BallardEra

The Shrike

Jul 13, 2008
Toronto
Man, there is a WHOLE lot of excuses in that post about the Blues failings and not one bit of blame for it directed at Berube.

Secondly, a lot of those GM decisions (letting players like Dunn walk, etc.) give the impression (by omission) that Berube himself had absolutely no say in any of them. Sure it's possible, but it seems like a rare scenario where a GM makes moves without at least consulting with his coach.
Also, whereas "...He had a .914 save percentage in the playoffs in 2019...", Binnington had a .954 Sv% in the four series deciding games, so he delivered when it mattered the most.

Taylor Halls Teeth

Jul 11, 2018
Edmonton
I prefer Berube but TMac isnt the dead end people are talikng about. 3rd round playoffs twice so he can adapt and after that the Sharks talent had largely aged out with no ppg players. The Kings 47 win season was not driven by massive talent. He has coached stars and wont be overwhelmed. My #3 choice after Q and Berube.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm going to be so surprised if it's anyone but Berube.

Just has that feeling that the Treliving hire had...he's available and least amount of drama with it.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Looks like its going to be berube. not my # 1 sand i would still like them to wait on BrindAmour tosee

craig has experience. won a cup. can motivate. likes heavy D , tough play and heavy forcheck .. this all aligns with brad

problem is the team plays nothing like this lol .. brad needs to re-shape a lot this off-seasom
I've said before, but I don't love the idea of shaping a roster to match it's coach. It's an even worse idea today when the shelf life of a coach is now barely 2 or 3 years.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Does he like heavy D? St Louis didn't have heavy D, they weren't Colorado small, but they weren't big or overly physical.

Also, the NHL is trending away from the heavy terrible D, not sure it is wise to get Treliving to target a bunch.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
I've said before, but I don't love the idea of shaping a roster to match it's coach. It's an even worse idea today when the shelf life of a coach is now barely 2 or 3 years.
Brad is pivoting into his vision these next 2 off-seasons. He's gotta find a coach that aligns.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Does he like heavy D? St Louis didn't have heavy D, they weren't Colorado small, but they weren't big or overly physical.

Also, the NHL is trending away from the heavy terrible D, not sure it is wise to get Treliving to target a bunch.
Pietrangelo, JB, Parayko. They were loaded.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Brad is pivoting into his vision these next 2 off-seasons. He's gotta find a coach that aligns.
I don't disagree, but you have to be careful that you don't whittle away talent while you are reshaping the lineup. He sort of did exactly that in Calgary...

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Pietrangelo, JB, Parayko. They were loaded.

Are you talking purely about size or how they play?

Those aren't players who play heavy, and Rielly would have been their second-biggest D after Parayko, who is barely larger.

And if we are only talking about height, it is irrelevant, that is like saying Matthews is the same size as Byfuglien.

I am just not seeing this heavy D...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad