Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe Fired -- Discussion Thread

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
A greenhorn President, hires a greenhorn GM, who then hires a greenhorn Coach.

Question: What could possibly go right?

Answer: Nothing !!

This whole Dubas/Keefe 5-6 year fiasco is both regrettable and compete waste of time and money and robbed Leafs Nation of their greatest Cup competitive window by their gross incompetence.
Dude speaks the truth.

It's what I like to call Abject Failure.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Sadly, the only person who would ask that is Simmons. And he would be shunned by the MLSE cronies who act like actual reporters (some of them are actually pretty good lol). How can you honestly report on a team when you are employed by the team's owners? So we have the Star and the Sun and some independents.
Simmons was there on Monday, and didn't ask much.

Reactions: wingman75

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
A greenhorn President, hires a greenhorn GM, who then hires a greenhorn Coach.

Question: What could possibly go right?

Answer: Nothing !!

This whole Dubas/Keefe 5-6 year fiasco is both regrettable and compete waste of time and money and robbed Leafs Nation of their greatest Cup competitive window by their gross incompetence.
In all fairness, Mess, I believe the ultimate blame is on Shanahan. He is the #1 reason for what we are now dealing with. In hindsight I believe that is the main reason Dubas was fired, because he knew this core needed to be broken up but Shanahan did not.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Yup. The so-called "toxic" Toronto media would be asking hard hitting questions like "Hey Mitch how's your new puppy" or "Matty, what's your favourite ice cream and where did you get that fabulous man purse"...

"Auston, your team lost yet another first round series in devastating fashion, raising significant concern that this group, as currently constructed can't get it done. There's also mystery surrounding your illness and health situations that lingered throughout the heart of the series, and the heat on your best bud Mitch has been dialed up to 300.

However I'd like to ask you your thoughts on: WhAt ArE YoUr ThOuGhtS On The CoYoTeS MoVinG.... THREE WEEKS AGO !?!?"

Last edited:

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
ROR didn’t like the scrutiny of playing here and Schenn understandably followed term and money after making peanuts for years.
Neither case has anything to do with what you are suggesting
What scrutiny?

These losers are let off the hook and are so sheltered. They don't field any hard questions. They get nothing (unless they waste their time reading emotional twitter reactions).

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Wasn't part of the reason ROR left because of the media? He didn't want the attention?

Wasn't Schenn open to re-signing but we brought in Klingberg at double his hit?

Might be wrong... that was my recollection.
He said that. But I don't believe it for a second.

Reactions: wingman75

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Every time I see Hyman burying goals it pisses me off, let exactly what this teams needs to walk because he wasn’t sexy enough……..
Me too. I thought he left because they couldn't afford to pay him 5 million? I could be wrong

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Meh, scapegoat.

Hands are tied cause of egregious cap management and a poorly built roster, this is realistically the only move to be made (other than firing Shanahan, which should be done).

Next year is basically already a write off unless they get the balls to move on from Marner.

Reactions: Al14 and ToneDog

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
"Auston, your team lost yet another first round series in devastating fashion, raising significant concern that this group, as currently constructed can't get it done. There's also mystery surrounding your illness and health situations that lingered throughout the heart of the series, and the heat on your best bud Mitch has been dialed up to 300.

However I'd like to ask you your thoughts on news that happened 3 weeks ago: WhAt ArE YoUr ThOuGhtS On The CoYoTeS MoVinG !?"
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Reactions: Tak7

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
This firing was incredibly transparent given everything the last week.

If they don't blame the players tomorrow...which they should. Keefe is a pure scapegoat.

The personnel needs to change...PERIOD. 8 years, 2 coaches, same results. Now they have even less capspace.

Reactions: ToneDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad