Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe Fired -- Discussion Thread

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
That’s a god awful deal so I hope not.

If we are getting anything from Seattle for Marner it should start with Sale, Vince Dunn or Matt Beniers or Adam Larsson
You're going to be awfully disappointed in the return for Marner if those are your expectations.

Wright and a draft pick would quite frankly be overpayment for a guy with an NTC and 1 yr left

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
If it's just Berube and the same core, people should just cancel their TSN and SN subscriptions in the fall. Had enough of this BS.
Why? They might need the year to change the NMC players. By definition they control their movement.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Zero excuse for what keefe did with this team. He was literally handed a gift and managed to make it fail.

Thankfully.. The Dubas chapter is officially over. What a f***ing disaster. We tried to tell y'all but you wanted nice guys
Keefe wasn’t all bad, he held fringe players and fourth liners accountable, I mean even though those guys weren’t the one’s mailing it in………

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He managed to make the leagues most potent offense run at what? 5% in the playoffs?

He assisted in that, but that was Boucher mostly, who half this board thought was our lord and savior and was going to take over Keefe's job.

Wondering if that is still what people want.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Maybe they already have a coach picked out and they are introducing him Friday.

I hope not, but that feels like it’d be par for the course for how we’ve operated lately. It feels like we hear a name right at the beginning and after what is not possible to have been any kind of exhaustive search, that person is named to the position. Treliving is a great example of this.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Only in your imagination is keefe a better coach than Babcock. You're arguing something you can't win.
Watch how bad a coach Keefe really is when the team he’s coaching isn’t stacked with talent……..

Reactions: yubbers

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
You wanted your nice guy.. And it was a train wreck. So grab a seat and let ppl that know stuff about hockey have a run at it. Lol
Get a hard ass coach, someone to hold the players accountable, if they don’t like it waive your NMC’s and GTFO……….

Reactions: Al14 and CincoHolio

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
At this point Marners cap space is more valuable than the assets returned. I can live with a few high draft picks. Filling the cupboards is enough for me

Probably should be thankful you aren’t in charge then. Yes the cap space is valuable, but you need assets back that can move the needle now. Our window is the next 4 years

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
HE is gone, one down a few more to go.

I hate the notion that Keefe got the talents(players) to win the Cup bc he didn't and never did.
ONE series win in the past 8 yrs showed the team is not as good as we believe.

Also, I don't think Berube is the answer either as he really didn't have success beside the 6 months in the beginning of his Blues tenure.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Doubt he lands an NHL job unless Dubas keeps on his nepotism hiring practices

You realize some teams don't even make the playoffs right? You can mention how bad his playoffs were, but you can't say he was bad in the regular season.

I'd hire him in Buffalo if I were them.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I'm actually kind of surprised Keefe got fired since the team gave him a 2 year extension before the season started taking him to 2026. So they liked him. So just one year later, they dont like him already?

Although maybe they had to do it now to get Berube since it seems everyone (including sports radio) think he's the one.

Didn't we give Ron Wilson a 5 year extension then fire him a couple months later

Reactions: bax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad