Shed of Vengeance (Memorial of Vengeance)

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Shit man. Sorry to hear that it went down the way it did. For the advancements in science and medicine we've made we're unable to fix far too much. It all still hurts like hell when we can't find the solution even when we know what treatments have the best chance of success. Make that especially when we know what treatments have the best chance of success, and they still had the same result.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
You’ve become my spirit animal MV, and I doubt I’m the only one who feels that way. Belated condolences, like others have said well we’re here for however we can help. I love that he took you to the parks in the west....I wander in some of those myself as often as possible, and wish I had someone to ski with me like that - especially when I was young. Teaching myself as an adult was painful. I’m not ready to let go of my parents yet, I’m sorry.
Thank you.

It was a road trip. We started in LA (Walk of Fame, Universal Studios) and moved along the coast to San Francisco. Stopped in Morro Bay on the way. Moved eastward to the mountains and later the desert, so Yosemite (it was really hot so we could actually swim in one of the waterfalls), Sequoia, Death Valley then to Nevada so pretty much just Vegas and Hoover Dam. We couldn't really enjoy Vegas, me and sister, since I was still a minor even according to Czech drinking legal age and sis' couldn't drink legally in States yet. Funnily enough it was the cheapest place to stay because it was Wednesday. Then it was a short stay in Utah, which was just staying overnight, and Zion. Although getting rooms there was pretty memorable, because me and G completely lost our shit at the reception because of something so simple as the word bicycle. I don't even remember the context anymore.
Then we moved to Arizona, so Petrified Forest. We got there super late, which was pity because as a kid I loved Walking with the Dinosaurs and I knew about this place since I was 6 years old. Then to Grand Canyon, crossing Colorado river, Joshua Tree, Salton Sea and then San Diego.
San Diego was actually one of the most important parts of the trip because of SeaWorld. You don't really get to see dolphins and orcas in an inland country. Then back to LA. Bit of a speedrun given that we had something between 2 and 3 weeks.

Skiing is tough but beautiful. It was on the list of those things I haven't done in a long time and wanted to do once this is over. I will have to check on some stuff before I will be teaching someone though. I am pretty solid, but I don't have Dad's experience and he also had a far better build. I still have to grow up out of my skeleton phase.

Shit man. Sorry to hear that it went down the way it did. For the advancements in science and medicine we've made we're unable to fix far too much. It all still hurts like hell when we can't find the solution even when we know what treatments have the best chance of success. Make that especially when we know what treatments have the best chance of success, and they still had the same result.

Thank you.
Well yeah. There wasn't a mistake in terms of treatment, those ATBs to the superinfection were according to cultivation. Just the disease that some people denounce or even question its existence was too deadly. If I end up committing a crime any time soon, it will probably be beating up a COVID denier.

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Thank you.

It was a road trip. We started in LA (Walk of Fame, Universal Studios) and moved along the coast to San Francisco. Stopped in Morro Bay on the way. Moved eastward to the mountains and later the desert, so Yosemite (it was really hot so we could actually swim in one of the waterfalls), Sequoia, Death Valley then to Nevada so pretty much just Vegas and Hoover Dam. We couldn't really enjoy Vegas, me and sister, since I was still a minor even according to Czech drinking legal age and sis' couldn't drink legally in States yet. Funnily enough it was the cheapest place to stay because it was Wednesday. Then it was a short stay in Utah, which was just staying overnight, and Zion. Although getting rooms there was pretty memorable, because me and G completely lost our shit at the reception because of something so simple as the word bicycle. I don't even remember the context anymore.
Then we moved to Arizona, so Petrified Forest. We got there super late, which was pity because as a kid I loved Walking with the Dinosaurs and I knew about this place since I was 6 years old. Then to Grand Canyon, crossing Colorado river, Joshua Tree, Salton Sea and then San Diego.
San Diego was actually one of the most important parts of the trip because of SeaWorld. You don't really get to see dolphins and orcas in an inland country. Then back to LA. Bit of a speedrun given that we had something between 2 and 3 weeks.

Skiing is tough but beautiful. It was on the list of those things I haven't done in a long time and wanted to do once this is over. I will have to check on some stuff before I will be teaching someone though. I am pretty solid, but I don't have Dad's experience and he also had a far better build. I still have to grow up out of my skeleton phase.

Thank you.
Well yeah. There wasn't a mistake in terms of treatment, those ATBs to the superinfection were according to cultivation. Just the disease that some people denounce or even question its existence was too deadly. If I end up committing a crime any time soon, it will probably be beating up a COVID denier.
What a great trip! Those are great memories. Family road trips are full of those, no matter how much of a disaster they can be. My family generally survived ours more than enjoyed them.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Sorry to hear MV. Thankfully memories will go on forever.
Thank you. His song is not over. It will live on in his actions that affected other people on Earth. In my sister, in me.

Hi @MrazeksVengeance. I'm sorry I'm just now reading what happened. I'm so sorry that you lost your dad. If you ever want to vent, I will always listen. Love you man.
Thank you. I will have to warn you that you just signed up for lots of caps lock once the season starts. Writing is my therapy.

My condolences to you and your loved ones @MrazeksVengeance.

Thank you.

What a great trip! Those are great memories. Family road trips are full of those, no matter how much of a disaster they can be. My family generally survived ours more than enjoyed them.

So, you experienced that kind of stuff they wouldn't put into a low-budget family comedy because they would think no one would believe it?

Last edited:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
A wee bit of summary of the last couple of days. Got smashed on New Year's Eve from an unholy amount of Slivovice (a spirit distilled from plums containing cca 53% of alcohol). Thanks to tartar steak and other food involved my digestive tract held up. Shouted at the forest and field around midnight. Cried my ass off.

My mood has become a lot more consistent in the last two days though. Funnily enough, I was cleansed by rage. On Saturday I made the mistake of going to a comment section under an article about vaccination in my local hospital that is also my teaching hospital because one of the people on my friend list (a doctor and pharmacist, who teaches pharmacology at the faculty and is also a member of the academic senate that is currently posted at COVID unit) commented under it (he was setting straight a dumbass comment whose poster was in disbelief that the personnel is actually getting vaccinated). Well, I stepped into this river of bullshit.

Unsurprisingly I lost my shit soon enough because it is a bit harder to keep calm when things are personal for you. I was really close to going scorched earth on one person. I am not even going to rephrase here what I intended to tell her. Not because of curses, but because words have power and the combination I had in mind is intended for those beyond redemption. In the end, I didn't do it. Not because of compassion. Not because "she wasn't worth it". She was well fu^king worth getting s^at upon. But because I realized my future employers might read things I posted. And even though I am a big ham who takes only a few things seriously, I take pride in some of the things I do and I won't have my professionalism questioned because of a random bi^ch on the internet.
My patience was rewarded the next day and I was given an opening for a spiteful, yet polite comment.

The funeral is tomorrow morning. I will keep this name until the start of the season. Then it's back to over the top epic speeches and big letters.

But to end on a positive note here is a small retelling of a story that I won't give justice to, but I have to tell it anyway.

So... my Dad was sometimes a bit of a trickster. Especially in his younger years.

Imagine the 90s in the Czech republic. Newly found freedom, lots of possibilities, and lots of chaos.

One of Dad's friends makes the serious mistake of saying that he would totally love to experience something akin to the plot of David Fincher's movie "The Game" in front of my Dad and one of his best friends. What he didn't realize was that they were both crazy and able enough to pull a low budget version of it in real life. Involving an army of people including friends from police, man's own wife, and many other people, this guy was after a tumultuous series of events that spanned a single day led to believe he got drunk and shot two people (one fo them being Dad). It included fake evidence that included photos of the bodies, real gunshots through clothing, and many, many other things. At the end of the day, he started to believe it himself. Which led to the grand reveal of both of his victims showing up at the police station, so he did experience the movie in its entirety.

And unlikely coincidence was that in the next interrogation room was... an actual murderer. Murder in our town of 100k people is something fairly rare mind you.

One of the detectives involved commented that this was actually a bit terrifying as the only thing that was suspicious in terms of credibility was that the photos of the crime scene were a bit of low quality. Dad couldn't help himself there. He also did that thing where one shoe on his "dead" body was taken off.

Yes, they remained friends after this event. Not having him retell this is one of the many things I am gonna miss.

Last edited:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I'm late to this MV, but my deepest condolences on your family's loss. I'll keep a good thought for you all.

BTW, Great Story above ^^
Thank you. I do have to say that when I told this to one of my friends he said that if we ever pull something like that on him, he's gonna shoot us in real life. Gotta pick your targets I guess.

Anyway, Dad always wanted us to carve our own path, so the day I troll someone this hard, it will be a different scheme.
I'm late too. Sorry to hear about your dad, MV.
Thank you.
Late too; my condolences MV, your posting here brings me great joy and it was tough to read about what you've been going through, though that story about the game definitely put a smile on my face. Stay strong and get your vengeance, my friend.

Thank you. The only Vengeance there is for me is getting everyone I love vaccinated and gutting our current government in the next elections this fall. (Not literally... although maybe...)
Late as well, but deeply sorry to hear what happened, my condolences, MV.

Thank you.

So the funeral's behind us. The number of people inside was limited for obvious reasons. That gives me more appreciation for the people who came because they had to stand outside in shitty weather. Optics related friends, friends from sports (rowing, paintball, golf), friends from The Pub (his core pub was in a smaller town outside the city and these are often an equivalent of community centers, people are tighter there, it's not just drinking), people from the touristic club (something like boy scouts except unisex and without religion), some people I didn't even know.

Songs chosen were one by Nick Cave I didn't know by heart and Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing Compares to You". Held it pretty well during the first one, thinking of all the kinds of different memories. The second one stung more, I was actually the deciding vote on this one and I chose it because it was more personal to him than the other option. U2 which were his favorite band were not chosen because as G put it she would be unable to listen to it for the rest of her life. She's not wrong, but I think it will take time for me to listen to them again even then.
I was one of the people at Grandma's side and I had to hold her hand during the entirety of that one because if I was getting stung for her it was emotional stabbing. Dad died almost at the same age as Grandpa.

Afterward we drove with Grandma and Dad's friend (Knew each other since secondary school, best man at the second wedding, not sure who was the best man when he married Mom) to a place called Kolumbárium which is a Hussite institution that holds urns, family urns from Dad's side, then drove Grandma home because she really needed a bath and then bed.

Then he dropped me at Dad's place because I wanted to spend a couple of moments with sis and G. Ended up being more than couple, because sis made me scrambled eggs (which was great because I wasn't able to eat breakfast in the morning) and they opened a bottle of Lagavulin with her fiancé. We downed like 80% between us two. Sis needed to sleep as well.

Life... life needs to go on.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I won't pretend I know what to say/post.

May you be strengthened in these inconceivable times. You have brought so much joy and spirit to people on this board and I hope blessings return back on you threefold.
Thank you.

Threefold... Alright, let's make a wish list. I won't go with the ones that are global/countrywide (people getting vaxxed, humanity getting rid of this shitass pandemic + our government getting slashed in the next elections).

Sis' getting married with everything going the right way and making me a biological uncle. (I am four times step uncle).
Finishing the fu^king school on time and getting work at the pulmonary. This was one's mostly on me, I'd better take care of that one MYSELF.
Get into the game. Hell knows that if you enter a global pandemic single, you are likely to stay single for some time. To be fair I think that in the past year I have matured the most I have done in a long time. Also grew older much more figuratively speaking (I even look older. Shorter hair, less shaving.)

Last edited:

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Just saying, MV, this is my mental image of you:

hqtrxhc2xtr41.jpg

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
So I got a small win. Passed the first exam since Dad's death. Orthopaedics. Not really a tough one, but given the circumstances it was purgatory. As of now, I would say I am pretty compensated, outside of ... yeah sleeping. G gave me some more stuff that was intended for Dad. I haven't touched on this topic yet, but some time ago she's already given me a small metal clip that made me cry like a kid. It was Dad's wallet. He had it for a really long time instead of your standard wallet. Just a small piece of metal where you put cards, ID, Driver's License, banknotes. He gave me one when I was a teen because I obviously wanted the one he had, mine lacked a locking mechanism. The other thing were Tag Heuer watches Dad won at a golf tournament long ago. Must have been more than 10 years ago. He said he would give those to me later. I assume he would wait for my graduation... which should be happening in few months.

Generally speaking me and fam are better. Probably the sole good thing coming out of this is Mom and G becoming friends. Which is weird but wholesome.

I am also making games for the summer camp and that's always a good distraction.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Bless you, MV! Your strength and perseverance are commendable. Also I didnt know you planned camps? They must be outrageous and awesome!
They are fairly small-scale. We have like 20 to 30 kids on average. I used to go there as a kid since I was a seven-year-old, then I became part of the staff in my late teens and worked on those for some time "full-time" until I became a sort of external member/relief visit that helped with some stuff during the year and stayed for half of the camp. Most of my tasks revolved around making new games and upgrading old ones and taking care of the kids in between the games. They might make fun of my skeletal looks, but I am still a 6 foot 4 smartass, so authority isn't an issue.

Reasons for the switch included me going to the university and my lack of desire to commit, due to the group having all the traits of a loving, yet dysfunctional family. Still, I haven't actually missed one until last year.

Last year also included some inevitable personal changes that were only delayed because my sister's best friend who is in charge of the organization had her first kid (Cute critter known as Daniel). So as of now, I am one of the two people in charge of the content side of things (games, storyline... stuff that isn't about administration and logistics). The other is my friend who used to go as a kid as well and also happens to study med and she's bloody brilliant, so it's fun making this stuff.

To comment a bit on my newest innovations
- team progression system that gives abilities to members in order to make classic games more interesting
- Battle Royale in real life that's easy and safe enough to explain to a kid as young as seven.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
An update.

My Internal Medicine internship is in full swing, so I am finally among my tribe. Which includes patients, but also preparing for the Internal Medicine final exam, which is kind of the reason why I am less active lately. Good thing is that I am actually making early progress on that front because I have study calls with my classmate, which is great because talking to her while studying helps me maintain concentration, it's more fun, and yes... I also have ulterior motives. Not like she's not aware of that.

I have also had to self-quarantine myself for a week because I have met (another) friend at school and she got COVID. Fortunately, she was wearing a respirator the entire time, which is probably the reason why my tests are negative after a week. I also finally have the first vax term.

A bunch of other people I know contracted it as well. My sister's best friend has it... and her dad as well. She'll be fine, but I am really worried about him because honestly, his health was hardly in the best shape even before that. On a far happier note, my friend from secondary school got it which obviously isn't good, but he'll be fine and the primary reason for him calling me was him being worried about the possible effects of COVID on... pregnant women. Meaning that his wife is expecting a second one, which is dope because they are super fu^king cute. Jenda (read Yen-dha) is a family bloke. Kinda comes with being raised Catholic and being the third of six children I guess.

I actually fixed my sleep schedule thanks to the fact I have to regularly wake up, which is neat. There is a hole in my soul that will never leave, but it's getting better. Mom, who has always been the open one when it came to my parents, always used to say that she talks to Grandpa (her dad died 16 years ago or so) when she's in the car. Didn't exactly understood what she meant by it. She obviously meant talking to your damn self wishing your loved one was here. One doesn't fully comprehend that until they are there themselves though.

We will prevail. I... will prevail. What else matters.
The only things where I would need some personal improvement as of now would be a regular physical exercise schedule (at least I got the papers for my shoulder rehab now) and having the incoming paperwork/lawyer BS behind us. Grandma is kinda driving Sis' and especially G crazy at times. As for me, I am getting better at being the stoic immovable object Dad was. I can't replace him, neither I want to, neither I think it is something he'd want to, but you know... next man up.

SO WITH COLD DETERMINATION AND HOT THIRST FOR VENGEANCE, I SHALL WALK THE PATH UNTIL THE END.

Last edited:

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
An update.

My Internal Medicine internship is in full swing, so I am finally among my tribe. Which includes patients, but also preparing for the Internal Medicine final exam, which is kind of the reason why I am less active lately. Good thing is that I am actually making early progress on that front because I have study calls with my classmate, which is great because talking to her while studying helps me maintain concentration, it's more fun, and yes... I also have ulterior motives. Not like she's not aware of that.

SO WITH COLD DETERMINATION AND HOT THIRST FOR VENGEANCE, I SHALL WALK THE PATH UNTIL THE END.
This has the makings of a "we should meet up to study human anatomy" porno :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->