Post-Game Talk (GBU): Sheary Entertainment

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
G: Dahlin, probably Skinner idk I didn't really watch most of the game

B: Both of these teams

U (but also fun because the Sabres won): OT looked like mid-day open hockey at your local rink. This was not a normal NHL OT. That was like..."DA ****IN BEAUTY LEAGUE EH ****in a rights eh boys, ****in a, beauts, ****in snip, eh boys, atta boy Sheazy, ****in a, ****in Sheezus eh?" level hockey.

Also, not trying to be overly negative (I guess it just comes, naturally, to me), but Montour is still riding that post-trade high. Fast-forward 9 months and we're all talking about him like he's Bogosian after he starts next season with 6 points in 40 games and is a minus-20. And I say this as a person who doesn't believe that "plus/minus" exists and who is also extremely ambivalent-but-optimistic about Montour (but only if I can pronounce his name in an outer-borough bridge-and-tunnel voice as "Mon-two-uh." Do not at me.

Anyway, also...does this organization think it is still in a playoff race? lol. Congrats on the win, but...what do these people think they are doing? I mean, what the absolute ****

Waayy to much sauce bro, Montour is legit

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The Sabres playoff strategy: (aka the macro rope-a-dope)
Lose enough games to appear out of the race. Eliminate the pressure to win.
When the team is feeling no pressure they go on a winning streak. They're loose and relaxed now.
The key is to lose only enough games to remove the pressure to win while still having enough games remaining to sneak in on the final day of the season.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Waayy to much sauce bro, Montour is legit

Nah I get what he's saying- yes Montour looks great, but so did Steve Bernier for a minute. Sometimes guys put on a show right away and it takes a few games before you start seeing warts- they come down off an ultra-focused and pumped high and fall off slightly. Not saying it will happen, just that we shouldn't get too amped quite yet. I say that for myself- visions of 26 and 62 dancing up the ice got me feelin real good.

All that said, he's still young and we got him for another year. Looking like a steal right now. Really shores up the blue line until Scandella comes back :laugh:

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Mitts was meh but had one terrific rush in the third to set up a chance in front
In OT Malkin bumped mitts and picked his pocket like he was a helpless child... because he is actually still a kid.

Reactions: Rasmi

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Emotions in final shift of OT:

What are you doing Risto?
What are you doing Risto?
WTF Risto?!
WTF Risto?!

OMG yes go Dahlin
Shoot that Dahlin
WTF Dahlin?!
WTF Dahlin?!

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
When they showed Jack's OT winner against the Pens earlier this season, and the shear joy on his face, I got nostalgic as if it were a video replay from the co-caps era.

Those games were only 4 months ago but it feels the same as 10 years.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Wish the current team would go to the net with that same kind of frequency and tenacity.
What happened to Bernier? I dont even remember him being here for a full year. I do remember his first game in the Blue and Gold. He looked the part of a premiere power forward.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Nah I get what he's saying- yes Montour looks great, but so did Steve Bernier for a minute. Sometimes guys put on a show right away and it takes a few games before you start seeing warts- they come down off an ultra-focused and pumped high and fall off slightly. Not saying it will happen, just that we shouldn't get too amped quite yet. I say that for myself- visions of 26 and 62 dancing up the ice got me feelin real good.

All that said, he's still young and we got him for another year. Looking like a steal right now. Really shores up the blue line until Scandella comes back :laugh:

And I totally agree with that thought process ...but Montour has been a really good dman his entire career. Nothing in his career play so far indicates that he’s going to suddenly drop off.

Now nothing is absolute and there is always a chance that he can suddenly start to struggle at some point here, but I like his chances at being an impact top 4. I don’t think he’ll ever be a #1, but i think he can be a guy who looks like a legit #2 with Dahlin as his partner. Having him hopefully eventually allows us to play Risto as the #2 RHD

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
What happened to Bernier? I dont even remember him being here for a full year. I do remember his first game in the Blue and Gold. He looked the part of a premiere power forward.
The Sabres traded him to Vancouver in the off-season after they acquired him at the deadline. He's playing for Bridgeport now.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
How do you think I feel when I hear anything with Jom Lorentz...
I will definitely admit to undervaluing Jim Lorentz in my younger years. I mean I liked him well enough, but I just thought what he brought was what you'd get from an average analyst, whereas it was always clear to me that RJ was something special.

Talk about not knowing what you've got until it's gone :laugh::cry:

Reactions: Rasmi

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
In OT Malkin bumped mitts and picked his pocket like he was a helpless child... because he is actually still a kid.
He looks like he's 16 lol. But you can see all the skill, can't wait until he is mature enough physically to actually be able to use it. I also think he's worn down a bit, which goes back to the point about physical maturity (and conditioning). I remember the comeback win in Pittburgh he was doing great things against Malkin.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad