Our d coverage Our d coverage

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
If they can just get back to winning some games at a decent rate the rest of this season, I'll feel quite a bit better, though still insistent for very specific roster upgrades this offseason.

Nice to see Jack hit 70 points.

Reactions: Rasmi

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
G:
- Eichel was awesome (again)
- Reinhart/Erod
- Montour, this guy's skating ability is very very impressive
- Sheary

B:
- Tage
- Wilson
- The Pens pulled a Buffalo Sabres
- Dahlin during regulation

U:
- Risto
- Pominville
- Sobotka (he deserves it)
- Housley's line combinations, tactics, matchups

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
The only part of the game I saw was the last 2-3 minutes or so of OT.

G:
Sam Reinhart muscled Sidney Crosby off the puck and stole it from him along the boards. Seriously impressive play from Sam. I don't think I've ever seen a Buffalo Sabre do that to Crosby before in his entire career. Sam looked like a legit all star for every shift of OT.

Dahlin somehow came up with possession after the back to back Risto and Ullmark turn overs, carried the puck to the other end, stayed "onside", and then held possession against phil kessel and malkin, by himself, losing the puck and stealing it back. He did like 3-4 things on that shift that shouldn't even be possible. Might be the most impressive sequence he's had all season.

U: Risto turning the puck over which everyone could see coming from a mile away, why did the forwards abandon him there? Why did risto do a dangerous back pass to Ulmark when he had ice to skate? I still don't think we should trade risto away, but damn... it's like if he gets winded or even a little tired his brain completely turns off.

Reactions: searoc and Tatre

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Considering the insane skill level of Dahlin, calling the play onside was a safe bet. :naughty:

Last edited:

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
G
Jack
Sam
Montour
Dahlin late
Ullmark
Sheary
Some puck luck
Physicality

B
Second period
Risto
Girgs-Larry (Toughest game they've had in a while).

U
Nothing

I said it a couple weeks ago - Check the schedules fam. Pitt, CBJ, Carolina, Montreal - Their March/stretch run schedules are all bruuuutal. It's a lot to ask, but we need to turn it on right f***ing now. If we do, anything can happen.

We're playing meaningful hockey in March boys.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Mitts only played 11 minutes ES and it seemed like every shift was against Crosby or Malkin..don't understand that usage at all.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
The Good - Ullmark, Montour, Sheary

The Bad - Wilson's penalty, not exploiting Pittsburgh's patchwork defense

The Ugly - All the Black and Gold Jerseys in the crowd...

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
The only part of the game I saw was the last 2-3 minutes or so of OT.

G:
Sam Reinhart muscled Sidney Crosby off the puck and stole it from him along the boards. Seriously impressive play from Sam. I don't think I've ever seen a Buffalo Sabre do that to Crosby before in his entire career. Sam looked like a legit all star for every shift of OT.

Dahlin somehow came up with possession after the back to back Risto and Ullmark turn overs, carried the puck to the other end, stayed "onside", and then held possession against phil kessel and malkin, by himself, losing the puck and stealing it back. He did like 3-4 things on that shift that shouldn't even be possible. Might be the most impressive sequence he's had all season.

U: Risto turning the puck over which everyone could see coming from a mile away, why did the forwards abandon him there? Why did risto do a dangerous back pass to Ulmark when he had ice to skate? I still don't think we should trade risto away, but damn... it's like if he gets winded or even a little tired his brain completely turns off.

That Dahlin rush immediately reminded me of some of his clips from WJC and Sweden.

Teenage overpowering skill and awareness transforming into adult dominance.

His poise, focus, touch is just incredible forvan 18 year old. How many guys in the league, overall, do you see comfortably carry the puck in traffic, thru opponents and just have zero concern for pressure. Eyes up.

Next year is gonna be nuts.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
G: Got an ugly win. I friggin love Montour already. Eichel and Sam were solid as usual. Dahlin is getting better and better. Ullmark looked good aside from that one that Montour saved.

B: The actual game minus the result.

Good for Sheary, but I hate his game. Got results, but he's such a perimeter player and he tends to screw up chances for other guys at times. How many passes and shots have gone off his skates this year?

U: I'm a huge Thompson defender, but there's no excuse for him still being out there. I worry about his development at this point. He is not good enough to learn anything at this level right now, and he needs to be told to move his f***ing feet. Housley doesn't seem to be doing that.

Housley. Terrible line combos, terrible matchups, feels like we won despite him.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
So glad for Sheary. He must have been extra pumped to be doing it against his old team. He isn’t the best or flashiest, but for his salary, and what he brings, he’s on a fair contract. He’s not overpaid.

Nice game for Montour. He has an infectious smile. Seems like a nice guy too.

Thumbs up for Dunleavy and Biron shaving their heads for charity. Nice going guys. Some fans don’t realize how important that stuff truly is.

Cool to see Rays little boy cruising around the rink. Was that between periods?

That was a nail biter that could have gone either way. Ullmark hung in there long enough.

The passing between Skinner and Eichel don’t seem to be as sharp as it was in the first half of the season. Maybe I’m wrong. It just seems like they lost a little chemistry the last couple months.

Overall I liked the game. Still confused and baffled by Housleys in-game adjustments.

Reactions: Dingo44

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
G: Dahlin, probably Skinner idk I didn't really watch most of the game

B: Both of these teams

U (but also fun because the Sabres won): OT looked like mid-day open hockey at your local rink. This was not a normal NHL OT. That was like..."DA f***IN BEAUTY LEAGUE EH f***in a rights eh boys, f***in a, beauts, f***in snip, eh boys, atta boy Sheazy, f***in a, f***in Sheezus eh?" level hockey.

Also, not trying to be overly negative (I guess it just comes, naturally, to me), but Montour is still riding that post-trade high. Fast-forward 9 months and we're all talking about him like he's Bogosian after he starts next season with 6 points in 40 games and is a minus-20. And I say this as a person who doesn't believe that "plus/minus" exists and who is also extremely ambivalent-but-optimistic about Montour (but only if I can pronounce his name in an outer-borough bridge-and-tunnel voice as "Mon-two-uh." Do not at me.

Anyway, also...does this organization think it is still in a playoff race? lol. Congrats on the win, but...what do these people think they are doing? I mean, what the absolute f***

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad