Confirmed with Link: Sheary and Hunwick to Buffalo for a conditional 4th round pick (2019)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
GMJR can't pay that money for a D man scratched in Columbus. Now if he wants a deal, let the market place dictate it and see if that is a price you can live with. No to Kunitz he just kills you in speed and hustle. He really dog it at times his last year. LW with size and scoring and D amn who brings that grit.
You really don't understand what the situation in Columbus was do you?

Because he was scratched out of spite for the coach using him poorly and him wanting out. As a result he was basically told to go screw himself and scratched.

Context is key. Learn it.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I love the progression of this thread. It begins with people rejoicing and turns ugly as they realize it was to make room for Kunitz to sign a 5 year 20M deal.

Reactions: SirBrad and Pens x

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
He's a good offensive player and definitely not worthless--just not the same value to the Pens as other players and was the most expendable winger who had some salary to move....reality

Right. @Andy99 He wouldn’t even fetched a 2 nd pick by himself. Sheary has Tiny little value . He’s a product of Sidney Crosby hard work. He has never brought his own identity. He doesn’t bring nothing to table after goals that provide to him. He stinks. He brought Sid down with Jake. You can go and back watch games to see the eye test.
You have to tell Sheary what do and carry him to offense etc..
Rutherford made a mistake sign him after one season of good production and he doesn’t fit in Pens system really plans. He didn’t show nothing like Rust to be get 3+ million dollars.
Rutherford realized that and did his thing to move him.

@ColePens He has little tiny bit value. He wouldn’t fetched nothing like 2nd pick. Sheary is ok player and he won’t be missed.
He can be replaced without doubt. He needs a elite center to drive him and tell him what to do to get offense out of him. He doesn’t bring nothing to the table that pens needs when he isn’t scoring. He doesn’t contribute enough and he’s a streaky disappearing player. Pens don’t need a player to only be effective with Sid and to only bring sid down on many occasions of not finishing/losing pucks etc..
It’s good that Sully will not continue to give him a long leash where he doesn’t belong on the top line. He’s a one trick pony player. He’s a Ahl player that got a chance. He isn’t valuable winger you cry over and root to stay. It were moments before his contract extension he was bad before this season and postseason from eye test when started with pens.
Hopefully he will workout with Eichel and Sabres. He probably be in the bottom 6 .
I wish him the best . I don’t get me wrong he did something good things. He’s no Jake Guentzel nor Hornqvist even Rust who’s versatile. I don’t think he has light years ahead of him. I was never a fan of his.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Inbound!

skinner.jpg

RizzleMcRib

Cheeseburgers and rocket ships.
Jun 17, 2014
Wherever there are cheeseburgers.
Right. @Andy99 He wouldn’t even fetched a 2 nd pick by himself. Sheary has Tiny little value . He’s a product of Sidney Crosby hard work. He has never brought his own identity. He doesn’t bring nothing to table after goals that provide to him. He stinks. He brought Sid down with Jake. You can go and back watch games to see the eye test.
You have to tell Sheary what do and carry him to offense etc..
Rutherford made a mistake sign him after one season of good production and he doesn’t fit in Pens system really plans. He didn’t show nothing like Rust to be get 3+ million dollars.
Rutherford realized that and did his thing to move him.

@ColePens He has little tiny bit value. He wouldn’t fetched nothing like 2nd pick. Sheary is ok player and he won’t be missed.
He can be replaced without doubt. He needs a elite center to drive him and tell him what to do to get offense out of him. He doesn’t bring nothing to the table that pens needs when he isn’t scoring. He doesn’t contribute enough and he’s a streaky disappearing player. Pens don’t need a player to only be effective with Sid and to only bring sid down on many occasions of not finishing/losing pucks etc..
It’s good that Sully will not continue to give him a long leash where he doesn’t belong on the top line. He’s a one trick pony player. He’s a Ahl player that got a chance. He isn’t valuable winger you cry over and root to stay. It were moments before his contract extension he was bad before this season and postseason from eye test when started with pens.
Hopefully he will workout with Eichel and Sabres. He probably be in the bottom 6 .
I wish him the best . I don’t get me wrong he did something good things. He’s no Jake Guentzel nor Hornqvist even Rust who’s versatile. I was never a fan of his.
He put up as many points at even strength (12) away from Crosby as he did with him.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
This is interesting. The value is a bit of a head-scratcher, it seems to be a cap saving move more than anything. So now all the guys that Sully would shoe-horn into the line-up are gone, or will be ... Wilson went during the season, Kuhnhackl wasn't given a QO and now Sheary has been traded. Interesting.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
It shouldn’t be....Yohe in his Q&A said that the Pens made a pitch for Skinner and were rejected....he’s likely not coming here

Always the negative with you, Andy. He said it’s worth monitoring still and he’s right. Carolina wants to trade him and the list of suitors isn’t super high.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Always the negative with you, Andy. He said it’s worth monitoring still and he’s right. Carolina wants to trade him and the list of suitors isn’t super high.

Again, I don’t know what we have to offer now that would make a difference to CAR....if they’re willing to come down to accepting draft picks over players or prospects, we might have a chance...so far, my understanding is they want players back...

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
So let's say the Pens bring Kunitz back

Would you rather have Sheary or him on the team?

I know I'd choose #43

CascadiaPenguin

Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
If the Pens use some of that newfound cap space on Kunitz, they might as well just go full idiot mode and re-sign Glass, Scuderi, and Lovejoy while they're at it.

Cut friggin' ties with those guys once and for all. It's beyond stupid at this point that Kunitz is even talked about as an option.
Orpik is available as well. If we get him at half of last year's that's barely over $2 million per. A bargain for sure... ;-)

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
are you implying that sheary, by himself, would have brought back a 1st/2nd?

I think we could have done Sheary + 4th/5th for a 2nd, or straight up for a late 2nd (Even with Dahlin Buffalo could end up have a 2nd rounder in the late 30s range).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad