Confirmed with Link: Sheary and Hunwick for Buf 2019 3rd (conditions to move to a 4th)

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Hey guys. Sheary is a really good get for what you payed. Gets overwhelmed in the playoffs often and isn’t great defensively, but he’s a legitimate NHL forward who can spark a line at times. He can look like a top six forward one game and a replacement level forward the next. Last season he was very, very good (except in the playoffs) while this season he couldn’t get much of anything going. Wish him the best, hopefully he helps you guys.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
If Hunwick for some reasons is on the opening roster I am going to cry.
"This moment is presented to you by Peluga Paycheck Addition"

He's better than Beaulieu as he plays a functional two way game. For his simplistic game he will at least stay on the ice unlike Bogosian. He can be waived to Rochester like Beaulieu and I am fine with it. I think he serves more of a purpose than some of the defensemen. He should make the roster before we should ever have to see Tennyson again.

Reactions: Dingo44

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
^^Which is more bizarre? That “value” or the “tied with Vanek & Foligno for 14th in total NHL LW goals last 4 years” equivocation?

How about neither when facts are stated. Fact, Sheary is in the top 15 at his position for goals going back to 2016. And like I already stated, Goal scoring LWers are extremely scarce in this league. Which was another one of my points about how hard it is to find good top 6/9 LWers. But ive given up trying to even bother having a civil conversation because this board would prefer to just join their own specific cliques to suit their needs. I remember I was pushing hard for us to sign Vanek last summer. Not needed the usual suspects said, there's no room, we have Pouliot and Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching blah blah and them this summer those very same people were attacking Botts for not signing Vanek and that he was content to go in with such a weak roster. It's actually quite comical.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I have no idea what it means, but it sounds good.:)

Umm, the link you presented gave an analysis that basically said his standard production was way down and he had some struggles finishing, but his advanced stats said his possession was good and he helped tilt the ice.

So I’m saying I hope that analysis is right and his production rebounds.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
How about neither when facts are stated. Fact, Sheary is in the top 15 at his position for goals going back to 2016. And like I already stated, Goal scoring LWers are extremely scarce in this league. Which was another one of my points about how hard it is to find good top 6/9 LWers. But ive given up trying to even bother having a civil conversation because this board would prefer to just join their own specific cliques to suit their needs. I remember I was pushing hard for us to sign Vanek last summer. Not needed the usual suspects said, there's no room, we have Pouliot and Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching blah blah and them this summer those very same people were attacking Botts for not signing Vanek and that he was content to go in with such a weak roster. It's actually quite comical.

I'm pretty sure that those people didn't want Vanek because he definitely didn't fit the team vision going forward...and I don't think many people are attacking Botts over it now.
Vanek might be scoring for other teams but that doesn't mean anything if he can't score here.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Based on my reading of those advanced stats, Sheary looks to be a pretty 1 way forward. Team wise, that's pretty average corsi on the pens. Not really a needle mover.

He's also doesn't seem to generate that much offense when away from Crosby. He also appeared to disappear from April on. Perhaps there was an off the books injury?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Either quote the posts where someone changed stance or stop making shit up.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Based on my reading of those advanced stats, Sheary looks to be a pretty 1 way forward. Team wise, that's pretty average corsi on the pens. Not really a needle mover.

He's also doesn't seem to generate that much offense when away from Crosby. He also appeared to disappear from April on. Perhaps there was an off the books injury?

I believe he had a concussion but I don’t recall when

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
I believe he had a concussion but I don’t recall when

Neither does he.

giphy.gif

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Given how his icetime has been below 10 minutes a night in the last two games he's played and that he's been part of the rotation out of the lineup, it seems the coaching staff has noticed his general ineffectiveness. At least we have this one armed flamingo moment to remember him in the future:

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I cannot wait to get Hunwick and Sheary off of this roster, he's absolutely a product of playing with Crosby. He barely blips on the spectrum every 10 games.

jputt99

Nov 24, 2016
Charlotte NC
In retrospect , Sheary has 19 goals , 25 assists and is -16 in 109 games for the Sabres . We got another 3rd line forward . I think everyone knows that a consistent offense is powered by good centremen .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad