Player Discussion Shea Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Yeah sometimes it's not a conspiracy but incompetence. Actually most of the time it's incompetence.

I'm not even sure its incompetence. It could be an issue with access or communication or decision making structure. It just seems strange that its almost becoming common.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
How would you know sitting behind your computer nowhere near any of the medical staff?

Isn't it kind of strange that I care more about Weber being taken care of properly more than you? We have several examples in the past few seasons of players coming back too early to reaggrivate injuries or being misdiagnosed. This is not a good team to get hurt playing for. Don't you care about the players?

Nah. That's right. You're a company stooge.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
It's impossible to evaluate the job that the medical staff is doing because the Habs are so secretive about the precise nature of injuries. Weber, we were told at the time, was out "for a bit". That was November. He hasn't been on the ice since. "A bit"? Yeah, quite a bit. How many times do we hear a prognosis of 2 weeks and it winds up being 8 weeks or 6 months? All they do is lie to us. So when a player goes down with injury he could be out for a day or a year. The only thing we know for sure is that whatever the team tells us is BS.

Reactions: Bobby G and ECWHSWI

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Isn't it kind of strange that I care more about Weber being taken care of properly more than you? We have several examples in the past few seasons of players coming back too early to reaggrivate injuries or being misdiagnosed. This is not a good team to get hurt playing for. Don't you care about the players?

Nah. That's right. You're a company stooge.

Ignorance confirmed!

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Reminds me of Markov.

Player gets injured, status unknown, check.
Status still unknown, check.
Have surgery, check.
Player will be back, check.

Player not back, to be answered.

Weber wasn't a speedy player to begin with and I can't imagine he had "super jets" installed during his surgery. I have nothing against the guy but his best attribute is his shot. He does have a physical, intimidating presence too but that goes downhill with the loss of speed/quickness. You gotta be able to catchem' before you can hit them.

He's actually a good player to have for the rebuild. LOL

Oh, forgot the other attribute, karakter.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Always been a fan of Weber, but didn't get to watch much of him this year and didn't end up reading a whole lot about him either.

Not talking about Weber in relation to the Subban trade, but just on his own merits, how happy are Montreal fans with his play this year and prospects for the future?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Always been a fan of Weber, but didn't get to watch much of him this year and didn't end up reading a whole lot about him either.

Not talking about Weber in relation to the Subban trade, but just on his own merits, how happy are Montreal fans with his play this year and prospects for the future?

Not nearly as physical as advertised
His "leadership/intangibles" have been non-existent.
Powerplay was better without an over-reliance on his slapshot and lack of puck moving ability.

He's broken down quicker than expected and the way the NHL has shifted and with him getting older, Poile pulled a very good Bill Belichik move and got rid of a veteran player for big value just before his decline.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Well, unfortunately, he blocked a shot in the first game of the year that ended his season in December. But when he was playing, despite him playing hurt, was clearly the best defenseman on the team. There were times you saw that he wasn't 100% so he was a step behind his usual self is. But he was still playing solid hockey for the team.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
when i seen him in the commercial racing a horse , i knew it was goona end bad......no more racing horses eh Shea!..lol

Reactions: Habset

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Well, unfortunately, he blocked a shot in the first game of the year that ended his season in December. But when he was playing, despite him playing hurt, was clearly the best defenseman on the team. There were times you saw that he wasn't 100% so he was a step behind his usual self is. But he was still playing solid hockey for the team.

not much ya can do getting hit with pucks, just like Gally and his hand etc....about luck lots of times...

Goose

Apr 18, 2006

Didn't realize he missed that much of the season, wow, that sucks. Guess that's why there's no active thread about him when I looked. I thought he missed like 40% of the season, not 60-70%

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
He was fine. Montreal (like Nashville) never really figured out/didn't have the personnel to use him on the PP effectively. Definitely was Montreal's best defenceman.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Didn't realize he missed that much of the season, wow, that sucks. Guess that's why there's no active thread about him when I looked. I thought he missed like 40% of the season, not 60-70%

and he played with a broken foot the other 39 % of the games

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

Injured since game 1.

hey

Mar 8, 2006
He was injured from day one and he played with a sub par partner. If he was not injured and played with another a top LD he would of looked like his regular self. This teams defense is really bad!

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
He was our best skater for the brief period when he was healthy. For that matter, he's been our best skater since he's been in Montreal. I believe he was leading our team in scoring (or very close) when he got injured. It can be tough to get a fair assessment from some (not all) Hab fans as there is so much emotional entanglement with this player given the Subban trade and general dislike (to put it mildly) of Bergevin.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
He's a middle of the road #2 dmen (on the habs he's #1, but on a cup contending team, he's on the #2 slot). Just not worth what they gave up to get him. 6-7 ears ago he was what Bergevin thought he was acquiring at the time, not what he is now.

Reactions: Habset
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad