Player Discussion Shea Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Didn't they do it with Price a couple of seasons ago?

Weber's different because he had surgery for his injury. His recovery time is easier to determine at this moment. Had Price had surgery, we'd have gotten the same kind of info. The fact they didn't opt for surgery (or that they determined he didn't need one) was probably why they kept pushing back his return.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Why say 6 months right after the surgery, then 4 months 2 weeks after the surgery. Why not just leave it at 6 months and if he comes back earlier, he comes back earlier.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Why say 6 months right after the surgery, then 4 months 2 weeks after the surgery. Why not just leave it at 6 months and if he comes back earlier, he comes back earlier.

I'm sure he will be asked that tomorrow when he meets the media. My guess is that he went for a follow up with the doctor and they saw that his foot has healed quicker than they expected.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Well, they wouldn't release this statement if it wasn't true.
:laugh::laugh: How many times was Price supposed to be "near a comeback" in 2015-16? They teased a return until the very last game. Why? Keep people interested.

I'm not saying this is what they do with Weber here but...

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I agree about the last minute point. I'd want someone like Subban or Karlsson or Burns who can turn it on a dime and create offensive plays out of thin air. Shea Weber can't do that. But if you've got 2-3 Shea Weber on your team, you have - by far - the best defense in the league.

The great Weber who never gives the puck away, was on pace for the most giveaways on the team... All this while not skating a lot with it. That's terrible, I can get that Karlsson, Burns, Subban are giving the puck a lot, it's normal they have it most of the time, but for Weber ? :huh:

Last edited:

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

Hopefully so he's available to trade in the summer but it's more likely because there's so much bad press with the team right now they want something positive for the media to jump on.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
saying one IS a (good) teacher while the other isnt even one isnt just that, assumptions ??

cause they'll only teach the stuff they do themselves on the Ice I guess ??

I said I would rather have Weber teaching than Subban. Please don't misrepresent what I said.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I said I would rather have Weber teaching than Subban. Please don't misrepresent what I said.

I'd rather have Markov doing that than either. And I'd take a highly graduated student of Markov over Weber any day. More complete teachings, especially when it comes to puck retreival, transition passing, handling traffic when carrying, how to carry, securing control in the o-zone, keeping the line in the o-zone, displacing the opposing d-box and well, pretty much anything that has to do with passing and playmaking. I want complete dmen, not just guys who can shutdown.

Oh yeah, Weber might be a bit better at some of the defensive aspects, but I find him wholly lacking in all those things I've named.

Reactions: Price is Wright

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'd rather have Markov doing that than either. And I'd take a highly graduated student of Markov over Weber any day. More complete teachings, especially when it comes to puck retreival, transition passing, handling traffic when carrying, how to carry, securing control in the o-zone, keeping the line in the o-zone, displacing the opposing d-box and well, pretty much anything that has to do with passing and playmaking. I want complete dmen, not just guys who can shutdown.

Oh yeah, Weber might be a bit better at some of the defensive aspects, but I find him wholly lacking in all those things I've named.
Once this current regime is gone, i could see Markov coming back to the organization somehow. They have to make it happen.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

100%. But you know, Markov got a final offer and Alzner got the best offer.

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
I hope Shea comes back healthy with no lingering issues, our lineup really needs him to be at his best. Unfortunately he is damaged goods right now, will need a solid year to get back his Man Mountain status...

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Reading this interview and its easy to understand why Weber is known for his leadership

Weber opens up about injury, season-ending surgery, Canadiens' struggles - Sportsnet.ca

He gets flak for who he was traded for (which frankly should be on Bergevin and not on Weber), but Weber is a player that any coach/team would want to have. If the Habs do decide to rebuild and trade him they will have no problem finding a taker, if they decide to keep him then he's going to be fine here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad