Shea Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I'm very impressed by the way this guy plays he's as rough if not more then Phaneuf and he can skate, pass and shoot very well. I think he is Canada's second best defenseman behind his playing partner Phaneuf. And almost nobody talks about him and his play.

Am I the only one impressed with him ?

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Habsfan 32 said:
I'm very impressed by the way this guy plays he's as rough if not more then Phaneuf and he can skate, pass and shoot very well. I think he is Canada's second best defenseman behind his playing partner Phaneuf. And almost nobody talks about him and his play.

nope ... Nashville fans love this youngster ... I can't wait to see him after he's put on another 20+ pounds of muscle, without slowing down on his skates! :)

leafaholix*

Joe_Strummer said:
nope ... Nashville fans love this youngster ... I can't wait to see him after he's put on another 20+ pounds of muscle, without slowing down on his skates! :)
The guy's already 220.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Habsfan 32 said:

You are not the only one impressed, but Weber has been sort of a dark horse all through his junior career, and is eclipsed by the hype around his partner. That said, I suspect that Phaneuf would be the first to tell you how much he is enjoying playing with Weber - did you see him step up for Phaneuf yesterday in the first period after the hit along the boards?

He is a great player coming into his own - and not just during this tournament. He is in the midst of a great season, after a great playoff run last year. If he is not on anyone's prospect list for D-men, he should be.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I think he was one of Canada's most consistent players in the whole tourney and he looks very mean but he does not take alot of penalties wich is also great. Nashville are very lucky to have Weber, Suter and Klein they are going to be something great along with Timonen and Zidlicky.

Avery4Byng*

Weber is a beauty.... He needed a big event like the WJC to sort of come into the radar screens of everyone besides some WHL fans and the Preds fans. Nobody really respected him that much before the tourney but I think alot more people will after the tourney.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Habsfan 32 said:
I think he was one of Canada's most consistent players in the whole tourney and he looks very mean but he does not take alot of penalties wich is also great. Nashville are very lucky to have Weber, Suter and Klein they are going to be something great along with Timonen and Zidlicky.

don't forget mark eaton and janne niskala :D

I've yet to see weber play, but I've heard nothing but good things about him and his numbers for kelowna this year are outstanding.

espo*

I just finished praising the guy a litle while ago in the Canada-Czech thread i think.He's been great and just as good if not better in handling pressure in our zone as Phaneuf,especially doen low.The guy has just been throwing the opposition player down with gusto all game long game in and game out.He knows what he is there to do and concentrates on that and is fantastic with that role.Phaneuf is better all around and is more important to us in terms of all around play...he's counted on to do everything(skate the puck out of our zone,be good on the pp and also be an animal defensively) Weber is mostly counted on to do one thing(take his assignment out and manhandle the opposing players)but he's been close to perfect doing it.If Canada wins the game tommorow and he and Phaneuf don't get both the tournament defense all-star pairings then whoever picks them are clowns.They are the best Canadian defense pairing i've ever seen at the world juniors.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Otherwise a good defenceman, but I don't at all like the way he deals nasty crosschecks in people's backs all the time. And mostly gets away with it too.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Boucicaut said:
Otherwise a good defenceman, but I don't at all like the way he deals nasty crosschecks in people's backs all the time. And mostly gets away with it too.
Either do the players getting the crosschecks I would imagine .. but then again no one is forcing them to stand in front of Weber ..

If they don't like it they can get out of the way of Weber doing his job of clearing the front of the net ..

Go Weber Go ... very under rated player IMO ...

Kid rock solid on D ..

Last edited:

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
He looks good, his foot speed is a little off and he's vulnerable to the outside (on the rush), but definitely a smart defenceman, who's solid in front of the net and along the boards.

Avery4Byng*

Boomhower said:
He looks good, his foot speed is a little off and he's vulnerable to the outside (on the rush), but definitely a smart defenceman, who's solid in front of the net and along the boards.

I am not sure when or who it was, but at one point yesterday he got caught and the Czech and him were in a footrace and "The Pierre" pointed out how good he recovered and how good his speed was for a big man.....

Saprykin Fan

Sep 8, 2002
Visit site
hey

Web's was my D partner in kelowna for training camp for the 2 weeks, i learned alot from the guy, he is just a s great off the ice, and someone to look up to. He is a force and was suprised it would take this long for him to get noticed

Keep it up Shea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad