Player Discussion Shea Weber Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
What ?

It's really possible that is not Weber. Who do you think it is, sincerely?
Karlsson was incredible defensively. Not sure how he is on the Sharks. I'm not sure who is. I feel safe saying it isn't Weber but he is very good.

I need proof that Weber is the best defender in the world. There has to be some sort of proof for you and your buddy's assertion.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Can you name a few? I want to be enlightened. Why is that? On the ice he had another great year and was in Norris contention until the wheels flew off and the Habs sold at the deadline. If you mean "off the ice" then I'd like to be enlightened too, thanks.
So you can give Subban the benefit of the doubt for the team but can't do the same for Weber ? What a pile of shit.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Karlsson was incredible defensively. Not sure how he is on the Sharks. I'm not sure who is. I feel safe saying it isn't Weber.

I need proof that Weber is the best defender in the world. There has to be some sort of proof for you and your buddy's assertion.

I guess advanced stats would give an idea for the best defender (best defensive defenseman...just to be sure we're talking the same thing), aside from the eyes.

I never found Karlsson as a strong defender... elite puck mover and PP yes.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
You are claiming different things in different posts. A player can have an intangible aura and still not carry his team to the Cup. They are not necessarily inclusive things. As Jaffy pointed out to you Gretzky led no team to a Cup in the last 11 years of his career. At least 3 or 4 of those years he was still The Great One.
Of what use is an intangible aura that can't get a team past the first round? You tell me.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
****, at this point, Weber is probably more mobile than Subban, so I don't even know what to tell you.

I said at the time of the draft that we lost the trade, not in talent or quality of player, but in years. Weber is four years older, that is a fact. The other fact is that both are still top 10 Dman in the league and they've suffered some injuries. Year one, Weber got the better end of it, year two, Subban got the better end of it, and now it looks like it's squared, until Weber plays more games. Maybe next year Subban takes the cake again ?

Trying to differenciate the difference in these two players is incredibly asinine and useless, its been proven time and time again that these two players match up really well year in and year out.

But you seem to be incredibly biased, as usual, and can't see passed your veil.
The only post that actually makes sense. Both players are top 10 dmen, possibly top 5 (I think they both are). I think Weber has become the most underrated player in the league.

Reactions: Vachon23

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
So you can give Subban the benefit of the doubt for the team but can't do the same for Weber ? What a pile of ****.
What are you talking about? I'm not the one claiming that Weber's aura is magical and helps a club thrive. I'm arguing against that.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Karlsson was incredible defensively. Not sure how he is on the Sharks. I'm not sure who is. I feel safe saying it isn't Weber but he is very good.

Uhhhhh... what?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Is anyone claiming he’s the best in the world??

I’ll go out on a limb here and say he’s the best defenceman on our team and is a grade A defender across the league and is a natural goal scorer

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I guess advanced stats would give an idea for the best defender (best defensive defenseman...just to be sure we're talking the same thing), aside from the eyes.

I never found Karlsson as a strong defender... elite puck mover and PP yes.
Those numbers, last I checked, indicated that Weber wasn't close to Karlsson (or PK) defensively. So if you have some, please provide and enlighten all of us.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Is anyone claiming he’s the best in the world??

I’ll go out on a limb here and say he’s the best defenceman on our team and is a grade A defender across the league and is a natural goal scorer
Maybe Cobra Commander is on your ignore list but that user said literally that. Will you appeal to reason or is it only when you want to defend Weber that you'd do such a thing?

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Those numbers, last I checked, indicated that Weber wasn't close to Karlsson (or PK) defensively. So if you have some, please provide and enlighten all of us.

Shot attemps against us is higher with Weber on the ice ?

Do we have the put more often on our stick when Weber is on the ice ?

I don't know these answers.

He said he was the best defender in the world. Who's a better defender ?

He said Karlsson was better than Weber.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
The avatar, the numbers in the nickname, the arguments.

I think I just understood everything.

Is Hemlock77 the biggest troll job on HFboards since that japanese guy who lived in cigarette butts ?
I haven't trolled a single person. What is going on here lmao

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
You prove it.

I'm not the one claiming that a good player must have an intangible aura. In fact I'm arguing against it!
Eye test is the best proof, have you have ever watched a hockey game before?

You have nothing. You’re in here putting our captain down for the spite of it. What’s your agenda?

He’s the best “Defender” in the world at this moment. Instead of just admitting it you are running scared. You can’t even come up with one name to challenge that.

You have nothing!

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Maybe Cobra Commander is on your ignore list but that user said literally that. Will you appeal to reason or is it only when you want to defend Weber that you'd do such a thing?

Goals against average with Weber in the lineup this season: 2.17
Goals against average without Weber in the lineup this season: 3.38

Now go play outside it's beautiful today ! And stay there all day if you want

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He is an Elite NHL defender. As for who’s the best of the best......it’s debatable, many great D to choose from, Weber being one of them.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
I watch a lot of sharks games and neither karlsson or Burns are very defensive. They rush the puck and get caught lots.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Why did you even name Schneider? He wasn't a top dman for the last five or so years of his career.

You're writing names but all but a handful of them were playing reduced roles or in exceptional positions (offensive starts, PP) for the most part. Most didn't make it till 40, btw.

I think its fairly obvious that a guy at 40 is going to decline some- he won't be as effective as he was at 28. There is a reason that the ultimately had to retire.

As to your comment that most didn't make it to 40, tell me which ones of those I listed did not make it to 40? You say most that would imply over half so who are they?

FYI- it might be tough as they all played until 40. Mark Howe is the closest to not making it, being born in May of 1955. He last played in the lockout shortened 1994-95 season but as he was on one of the cup finalists his team played in June that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad