Player Discussion Shea Weber: Oh Captain, My Captain Edition

Is This The End?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I remember at one point, Erik Karlsson was in the top of the league in turnovers. Telling stat, until you look at his usage and his contribution... He was ppg and tilted the ice like no other blueliner. People could have, and did, criticize him on the basis of this stat. But we all knew he was one of the most valuable players in the league. Creating turnovers means you had the puck. Good players get the puck often, and sometimes lose it. The more you have the puck, the more likely you are to lose it. Still, I like players who can get posession, instead of players that can't!

You cant create turnovers if you cant get ahold of the puck. That means you simply arent able to get the puck much longer than others. And that's a slight on a player, usually.

The year P.K was nominated for the Norris with Nashville, Weber had more giveaways than Subban, all this without titling the ice like a PMD... This turnover propaganda is B.S

Edit: My memory failed me. Subban had 97 and Weber 31 turnovers, he was injured and played only 26 games.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Chiarot is what we thought we got with Alzner but Chiarot can actually skate lol. Chiarot didn't have opportunity with the Jets top 4D... Habs had a wide open hole at LD for him and he really has become a good fit for us. 3 year term is perfect

Chiarot can also shoot the puck, unlike Alzner.

Reactions: Kimota

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Chiarot can also shoot the puck, unlike Alzner.

Agreed. I love how Chiarot just rips it on net when he gets the chance. Others need to do the same. Danault on that 2 on 1 yesterday was looking for pass the whole way. Wish they would have more shooter mentality in scoring chances. We are our own worse enemy at times. The entire league knows we are pass happy.

But yeah... Chiarot has been unreal for us. Don't put up a lot of points but very effective at giving forwards fits in our own end. And he can move the puck. Chiarot is very underrated. Imagine if Romanov can handle a spot with Weber next year and we can trade for Brodin? That D in front of Price? Don't think some realize how that would change the dynamics of our team. We could just tell one of the forwards to back check and let the other two run wild while we can contain any counter attack

Brodin / Petry
Romanov / Weber
Chiarot / Juulsen

Price

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Weber-PressConference(20/08/13)

“The other coaches, they know what our system is. They’ve put all this plan in place as well. And they’re going to do a good job leading us that way. We’ve still got to compete the same way we’ve been going and accomplish the same things we’re trying to do.”

“We found out this morning. I saw Bergevin at breakfast and he told me what happened and it trickled through the guys at breakfast and on the bus and then Bergevin had a meeting with us when we arrived at the practice rink.”

“I think in these situations there's always a little bit of an emotional factor as a shock factor. Everybody learned about this this morning and the biggest concern is obviously his health. We want to make sure he's healthy first.”

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Excluding Price, he's been our MVP in these playoffs. I remember having similar thoughts in 2017 against the Rangers.

Agreed, i couldnt believe how well he played vs the rangers, and i cant beleive how great hes playing now

the playoffs really bring out the best in him, and its clear he saves all his nastiness for them too lol

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Both true and problematic...

Problematic? Nah. Truth be told, if Weber wasn't robbed of a Norris trophy earlier in his career, he'd probably be HOF material. He's a special player.
Now what's problematic is that nobody is stepping up up front. People are talking a lot about Drouin and Domi, but Gallagher and Tatar are just as underwhelming. Gallagher gets a free pass for pretty much everything on this board but he's been a non-factor so far through one round and one game. As for Tatar, right now, he's pretty much as efficient as Weal was.

Reactions: rubco55

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I just realized Weber is younger than me :facepalm:.

Lol i always cant believe when us fans and media have the balls to call 35 year olds "old" like they must go crazy "im..im in and have always been in MUCH better shape than all of you...and you keep calling me old at 35..."

Like you have 45 year olds in mid life crisis calling professinal 35 year old athletes old lol it must drive them nuts

Reactions: rubco55 and Kimota

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Problematic? Nah. Truth be told, if Weber wasn't robbed of a Norris trophy earlier in his career, he'd probably be HOF material. He's a special player.
Now what's problematic is that nobody is stepping up up front. People are talking a lot about Drouin and Domi, but Gallagher and Tatar are just as underwhelming. Gallagher gets a free pass for pretty much everything on this board but he's been a non-factor so far through one round and one game. As for Tatar, right now, he's pretty much as efficient as Weal was.

Your post actually makes my point.
It is problematic that Weber, with where he's at in his career today, is the most impactful skater in our lineup.

It's not a knock on him, it's a reflection of very poor management and why our current roster was not a playoff team without the "luck" of the play-in round, where Price could and did carry us through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad