Shea Weber is a shell of his former self.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Averaging 20 minutes a night with 17 points and plus six going against the top lines is still pretty damn good. He has always been a turn over machine and an ugly skater for his entire career. Most of his points have always come from his shot rather than his very average playmaking. Saying he is not an NHLer is mind boggling to me.

Just overpaid with way too much term. Its the same Weber just older and a bit slower. A solid defenseman.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Honestly, I wouldn't mind him on the Canucks next year with retention of course. He isn't what he use to be but can still be a capable top 4 guy with his minutes kept under 18 a game. He's just being asked to do too much at his age right now.

Reactions: G Backup

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
He's not what he used to be, I think nobody is learning anything here.

I still wouldn't want to trade him, he can still be very effective in the D-Zone, see last game vs Oilers and still has that bomb slap shot.

Anyway, if you hadn't notice, Habs are trying to build the circa 2010 team Canada. Staal, Weber, Price, Perry.

Is Duncan Keith available to play with Weber by any chance ?

Reactions: barbu

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
same can be said for everyone from that 2003 draft class. Except for Fleury I guess. That shit was a long time ago.
BergyRetroC.jpg

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Averaging 20 minutes a night with 17 points and plus six going against the top lines is still pretty damn good. He has always been a turn over machine and an ugly skater for his entire career. Most of his points have always come from his shot rather than his very average playmaking. Saying he is not an NHLer is mind boggling to me.

Except no one actually said this? The OP claimed that he wasn't a top pairing defenseman, not he isn't an NHLer anymore....

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Just overpaid with way too much term. Its the same Weber just older and a bit slower. A solid defenseman.

His skating isn’t just bad now, it’s flat out laughable. If you watch Habs games, pay attention to him in a foot race. He never had great speed, but he looks like he’s pulling a trailer now. He also gets beat almost everytime when trying to keep possession in the offensive zone. Teams are constantly getting there first and chipping it out past him. Not to mention his shot just looks so lacklustre most of the time now which was his biggest threat. He’s a number 4 defenseman in this league now. But as a Habs fan, we can’t be leaning on him the way we do. His minutes need to be reduced.

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Forget top pairing. If he was a no-name AHLer playing the same way he's playing now, I don't think he'd even get a regular roster spot on most teams.

Except no one actually said this? The OP claimed that he wasn't a top pairing defenseman, not he isn't an NHLer anymore....

Someone did I was just trying not to directly call the poster out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad