Shea Weber fighting!

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
SW takes up for teammate and fights Jared Boll of the CBJ's. I watched the opening of the Wings vs CBJ on the next night and as soon as the puck drops I see our ole buddy Jordin Tootoo drop the gloves and guess who he is fighting? None other than Jared Boll. Coincidence? I don't know but if 22 did fight JB for SW (or CS) than my hat goes off to him! :yo:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Actually, I would say it's a sign of growth with Boll.

Putting Weber in the box for 7 is a HUGE win. Getting Tootoo in the box for a misconduct is a minor win since Tootoo is the only grit on the Wings. Boll is doing his job. Yeah, it's great that Weber is standing up for his teammates but WINNING is more important and having Weber in the box hurts more than helps.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
The best part about Weber sticking up for Smith without a moment's hesitation is it shows he is still a part of the team. I know a lot of people were wanting to see how he played after this past summer. In the first game back he defends a guy he's played with for one season. Good stuff.

Fo Shea Shea

Nov 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
I'm all for stepping up and getting your mates back, but Weber not on the ice for a huge chink of the 3rd, arguably, cost us the game Saturday night. There is a right time/way to stand up for teammates and a wrong time/way. Had no problem with the way Weber did it as much as the time.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
The best part about Weber sticking up for Smith without a moment's hesitation is it shows he is still a part of the team. I know a lot of people were wanting to see how he played after this past summer. In the first game back he defends a guy he's played with for one season. Good stuff.

Agreed. Little things like this are more important to me than him missing a couple shifts. Just as long as he doesn't make it a regular occurance

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
I'm all for stepping up and getting your mates back, but Weber not on the ice for a huge chink of the 3rd, arguably, cost us the game Saturday night. There is a right time/way to stand up for teammates and a wrong time/way. Had no problem with the way Weber did it as much as the time.

A huge chunk? He missed at most 3 shifts. Likely only 2

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Weber's choice to drop the gloves at that moment took him out of the lineup for seven minutes with them scoring in the seconds immediately following the PP. It shifted momentum to the Jackets. Pyrrhus would be proud.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Tootoo and Boll have their own history. Plus his new team had just been totally smoked in their last game. No way was he fighting on Webers behalf. He was just doing his job for his new team.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Tootoo and Boll have their own history. Plus his new team had just been totally smoked in their last game. No way was he fighting on Webers behalf. He was just doing his job for his new team.
This. Honestly, the "revenge for my ex-captain" theory never even occurred to anybody here. As far as we were concerned, it was just Tootoo being Tootoo after a setback, only the setback hadn't been against us yet.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Right thing to do during the first game of the season. If it's later on and we're vying for a spot then I'd disagree.

I agree with this. It was the first game. All games are more important with a reduced schedule, but come on. I think only Jack Edwards feels like every game is do or die :laugh:

btw watching that Bs game on Saturday was hell on my ears and nerves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad