Player Discussion Shea Weber - Dear Dad Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
We had a defenseman once upon a time that was scrutinized for a turnover in a meaningless regular season game but man mountain the legend with his menacing stare, he is a true Montreal Canadien.

Good god get over the trade already. We get it you lost your fave player. Can we move on already?

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Whats your point Kaperi? Do you even have one ??

Weber was not good defensively, that's my point. Yet almost nobody is talking about it... He was so bad, that we started to hear that he might be injured... And today we learned that he was fine. 34 years, two surgeries, slowing down, 7 more years. No problem here...

Reactions: Miller Time

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
You can be offended... It's still true, Weber had to rely on Mete, because he was too slow for the game.

Not offended at all, frankly I’m in awe of this take.

You be you bud, and convince yourself that a guy that would have been top 2 in goals, top 15 in points is being carried by a guy that started in the AHL, has never scored, and has 20 points in 120 games.

Seriously you are drowning in Weber hate. You are one step removed from the Gill is better the Weber guy.

No need to respond, its clear we have a different understanding of hockey

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
His effectiveness defensively was clearly below expectations...

The injury rumor originated directly from that.

If he wasn't injured, that's very concerning.

Sheldon Souray put up lots of points too, no one would've considered him an anchor #1 Dman, as Weber was brought here to be (& what he replaced).

Great if he keeps his offensive production up, but if he's as average defensively next year as he was this year, we've got problems.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Not offended at all, frankly I’m in awe of this take.

You be you bud, and convince yourself that a guy that would have been top 2 in goals, top 15 in points is being carried by a guy that started in the AHL, has never scored, and has 20 points in 120 games.

Seriously you are drowning in Weber hate. You are one step removed from the Gill is better the Weber guy.

No need to respond, its clear we have a different understanding of hockey

He's far from my favorite player, but i don't hate him.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Can you guys claiming he was ineffective defensively quantify you position? He played all the tough minutes and my eye test showed a guy that rarely got scored on. Was plus 15 and when he came back Mete was suddenly an NHL player and Price was a Vezina contender.

So what am I missing guys?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Can you guys claiming he was ineffective defensively quantify you position? He played all the tough minutes and my eye test showed a guy that rarely got scored on. Was plus 15 and when he came back Mete was suddenly an NHL player and Price was a Vezina contender.

Glasses?
Contacts?
LASIK?

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Well thats strange, you come into a Weber thread throwing stones looking for a fight.

Care to share who your favourite nhl dman is?

Nobody want to fight, it's only internet. I don't have a favorite d-man, but I like my D to be in the mold of Hedman, Giordano, Subban(not this season's version), Dougthy... Or to be godly offensively like Karlsson or Burns.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Well, he may not necessarily be throwing stones though you’re quick to oblige.

He could be talking about a current Hab. Weber isn’t my favorite either.

As for Shea, I hope he gets a good break this summer. He needs to be fresh this coming season.

Lol not throwing stones, are you following this thread? He comes in to say its quiet then claims Mete is carrying Weber. You are defending a guy that thinks Victor freakin Mete is carrying Weber. I’m pretty sure I know who his favourite player is.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Lol not throwing stones, are you following this thread? He comes in to say its quiet then claims Mete is carrying Weber. You are defending a guy that thinks Victor freakin Mete is carrying Weber. I’m pretty sure I know who his favourite player is.

Well, I did add an edit that I missed half the conversation, then I just removed it all together.

Honestly, you guys can just argue. I may as well just add Weber is far from my favorite also.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Well, I did add an edit that I missed half the conversation, then I just removed it all together.

Honestly, you guys can just argue. I may as well just add Weber is far from my favorite also.

I’m out as well. Fwiw he’s not my favourite either I just exist to push back on the hate. The trade unfortunately ruined these board, some have too much invested emotionally

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

Mete was sent to the Ahl days after Weber cameback.. Mete was plus 17, with less points, that's your argument ?

Again when Weber cameback, he looked pretty good and for some reason toward february, he started to look slow and was often behind the play and had to rely on Mete's speed to save his bacon.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I’m a little worried about Shea’s foot speed given the injuries and just natural decline but I think fatigue played a bigger part with how he finished. I don’t think he’s as bad as his final month and a half would show. I’m hoping a proper training camp next season and some rest will fix what we saw, even if he’s not the same defensemen that his reputation would hype him up as.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Shea was great for the majority of the year and that was without a real offseason. I'm happy he declined the team Canada invite and wants to workout all summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad