Player Discussion Shea Weber - Dear Dad Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
It's funny, Weber never has to be a scapegoat for a crap season.

Goals, stats, blablabla. He was shifted so easily in the last game. My main concern is that he is getting older and we only made the playoffs once since he got here. Who knows if we'll make the playoffs next year. How long will his body hold up? Is Petry going to be our next #1? lul

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Goals, stats, blablabla. He was shifted so easily in the last game. My main concern is that he is getting older and we only made the playoffs once since he got here. Who knows if we'll make the playoffs next year. How long will his body hold up? Is Petry going to be our next #1? lul
We had a defenseman once upon a time that was scrutinized for a turnover in a meaningless regular season game but man mountain the legend with his menacing stare, he is a true Montreal Canadien.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
His arrival was based on off-rink aspects. His shutdown style, it's what he got. No more than that. He's not a savior. That some persons wanted to persuade us it was the case. But just a part of the collective. I'm not knocking him down. Certainly not. I mean that's his style since he's playing hockey. We can't change him today.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
The same guy who had to rely on Mete, because he was not able to follow the pace anymore... He had good offensive stats, but was not good defensively.

He just came off major knee and foot surgery and a year off. God forbid he has a dip in his game a couple months after return.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
The same guy who had to rely on Mete, because he was not able to follow the pace anymore... He had good offensive stats, but was not good defensively.

Holy shit, you actually believe that Mete was carrying Weber. Just want to say this is amazing. Honestly speechless.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
That's the problem. He's almost 34 years old, had two surgeries... Do you expect him to be good like before ? Thanks god, he's only signed for the next 7 years...

He's signed for 7 years but I doubt he'll stay that long. Final 3 years at 1m/year. I very much doubt he doesn't retire in 2023.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
|You mean the guy who was +15 playing the hardest minutes on the team and leading our D in goals despite only playing 58 games and missing training camp?

Full season he would have been top 15 dmen scoring, top 2 in goals. Playing with a 20 yo that started in the AHL.

This Weber hate is embarrassing, especially when you consider the play of other guys that could be compared to him. Ya he got beat a few times wide, do any of you guys follow hockey? Watched any preds games? They have 3 dmen getting walked every game.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Full season he would have been top 15 dmen scoring, top 2 in goals. Playing with a 20 yo that started in the AHL.

This Weber hate is embarrassing, especially when you consider the play of other guys that could be compared to him. Ya he got beat a few times wide, do any of you guys follow hockey? Watched any preds games? They have 3 dmen getting walked every game.
Injuries tho

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Injuries tho

Not following Frank! I never thought Weber was injured, I saw a guy basically carry a d core and break down a bit late. He got beat, but thats only interesting cause he rarely gets beat.

I mean watch Doughty play 82 games, he will get walked in ten of them. This is how the game unfolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->