Player Discussion Shea Weber - Dear Dad Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
A strong number 1 dman needs to be able to do it these days though. He's slowly becoming more a strong number 2 than a strong number 1. And it's going to be a problem for us because instead of having to find a number 2 we will need to find a number 1 which is not easy to do.

Weber's offence is under-rated. Most of his points have come 5-on-5 and he is at his career pace. The way some people talk here, the play he made on the second Gallagher goal today was a mirage. You know he can't make a pass, can only slap pucks and cross-check guys, etc.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Reactions: japhi

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
The babcock thing isn't relevant in 2019. He was talking about the 30yo defenseman that was just off a 20 g season and 51 pts. Since then he got older and had two "serious" Injury.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
The babcock thing isn't relevant in 2019. He was talking about the 30yo defenseman that was just off a 20 g season and 51 pts. Since then he got older and had two "serious" Injury.
Funny how he’s playing better and producing mor than the 30 year old Subban
Weber is a stud. Still a great d man. Get over it man

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Another good game. D was shaky tonight but Weber and Mete seemed to stabilize the team every time they were on the ice.

I feel like he was ill a few weeks ago. He's back to being elite now.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
wtf dude i never mention subban, and never said that weber wasnt good
You said it’s irrelevant. Weber is still playing great hockey and will continue to do so
Chara is still good at 42
Weber will be great till the end of his contract
Babcock would take him at any age so would most GMs. On pace for 20 g and 50 pts and still plays solid d.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He's on pace for 21 goals, 50 points and +26. He's no longer a Norris candidate but still very good and still respected throughout the league. Does anyone know if he was high up in the poll of over-rated players?

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
He's on pace for 21 goals, 50 points and +26. He's no longer a Norris candidate but still very good and still respected throughout the league. Does anyone know if he was high up in the poll of over-rated players?
Overrated? No chance he’s on that list
Just check our record before and after Weber
Some posters just can’t admit he’s better than Subban. It pains them.
Weber is a stud. Sure he has his faults but consider he’s doing all of this playing with guys like mete, kulak and Benn
Amazing

Reactions: Deebs

japhi

Jul 7, 2014

You mean as opposed to the guy that is playing with a rookie and trending 18/48? He is basically the same player, no matter how much people here want to see a declining defenseman.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Overrated? No chance he’s on that list
Just check our record before and after Weber
Some posters just can’t admit he’s better than Subban. It pains them.
Weber is a stud. Sure he has his faults but consider he’s doing all of this playing with guys like mete, kulak and Benn
Amazing
I dont know why you keep having subban name in your mouth. I didnt want to start a comparison discussion. With him nor other player. We talking about Weber. I said that babcocks arguments was irrelevant cause things happened since 3years. I dont need someone to make my mind for me. I agree he's still a good defender and will still be. I just mention the fact that he got off 2 low body injury that isnt good for his mobilty. also hes getting older. So now in 2019 everybody is free to have is own opinion some will think that he will remain a #1 for few years some thinks that he ll drop to a 2# #3 sooner than later. Weber having great numbers I agree but hes at a stage where you need to find a good puck mover defender and some one that can get to the puck first when the opposite team dump the puck cause of his lack of mobility. Yes he will still have hes super shot for ever, he'll have good offensive number but he will truly need a good skater as partner to cover up his flaw. I personally think that a true #1 can be put along any other D and play well.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I dont know why you keep having subban name in your mouth. I didnt want to start a comparison discussion. With him nor other player. We talking about Weber. I said that babcocks arguments was irrelevant cause things happened since 3years. I dont need someone to make my mind for me. I agree he's still a good defender and will still be. I just mention the fact that he got off 2 low body injury that isnt good for his mobilty. also hes getting older. So now in 2019 everybody is free to have is own opinion some will think that he will remain a #1 for few years some thinks that he ll drop to a 2# #3 sooner than later. Weber having great numbers I agree but hes at a stage where you need to find a good puck mover defender and some one that can get to the puck first when the opposite team dump the puck cause of his lack of mobility. Yes he will still have hes super shot for ever, he'll have good offensive number but he will truly need a good skater as partner to cover up his flaw. I personally think that a true #1 can be put along any other D and play well.
That’s exactly it though
He’s playing this well while having mete , Kulak and Benn as partners
This is on Bergevin to help him out. Weber has been everything advertised.

Reactions: Chr1s97

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Give respect where is due dont throw metes nane in the mix with kulak and benn. Mete is a 20years old smart really mobile defenseman and he will only get better. Dint throw that low amount of to tell me he's not good. Hes been very solid and the reason why Mete-Weber go so well and dont fell apart in the D zone like kulak/benn is because of this kid mobility and iq. & still I agree with u if mb can do his job and get an update in mete to get a good and real #1/2 pmd that would be perfect and ull get the most of weber.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
That’s exactly it though
He’s playing this well while having mete , Kulak and Benn as partners
This is on Bergevin to help him out. Weber has been everything advertised.

Lately, Mete is often covering for Weber, because he can't get back fast enough.

Mete is not a scrub like Kulak or Benn.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He's not playing well defensively right now, but at least the last 2-3 games he had some clutch goals and assists.
don't bother trying Kap, when Weber's not the best D int he league it's only because he's injured.

he's one of the few Habs you can never say anything bad about (others are Domi and Gallagher).

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Lately, Mete is often covering for Weber, because he can't get back fast enough.

Mete is not a scrub like Kulak or Benn.

There were some compelling stats around his preds days suggesting he relied heavily on Josi as well.

The perception of Weber's overall impact is far greater than the reality it seems... The big shot & "man mountain" narrative disguise a pretty flawed top pairing Dman who needs a partner with specific skills to balance out his deficiencies (rather than an elite guy who elevates those around him/carries his partner).

Like Drouin (purely in an effectiveness context), if we want to get the most out of him, we need to pair him with an elite talent... and not expect him to be able to deliver elite play while bringing up the play of his partner.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->