Tribute Shea Weber: Gone to Vegas

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
I think Weber's ego won't survive it and our coach/management have no balls... Weber is a god to them.
And the media/ commentators. It's disgusting how they were talking about how much we will miss his shot on the PP and how great he is.

I still believe he is not injured, but a way to save face for him to rest up just before the playoffs. Even then he should not be back. He is cooked as a player and needs to retire asap.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
I'd have no issues with him on the bottom pair, but we see how different the team is without him. Really hoping we trade him. Maybe Seattle would want him, Nashville could want him back, Arizona may like his leadership.
That or, the local community hall could use a new "bingo caller"
He could stare down anyone that calls out "bingo" at the wrong time.

Reactions: swimmer77

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
And the media/ commentators. It's disgusting how they were talking about how much we will miss his shot on the PP and how great he is.

I still believe he is not injured, but a way to save face for him to rest up just before the playoffs. Even then he should not be back. He is cooked as a player and needs to retire asap.

Him and Price gone would bring a ton of cap space.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
If Weber retires and Bergevin's gone, I'd see them bringing back PK on a low contract.

images

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009

Those commentators just go over talking points, I’m convinced of it. They don’t notice how much Weber has gone downhill... or they actively avoid talking about it. Either way, it is sad. League propagandists.

Reactions: overlords

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Those commentators just go over talking points, I’m convinced of it. They don’t notice how much Weber has gone downhill... or they actively avoid talking about it. Either way, it is sad. League propagandists.
For sure it is frustrating. Yesterday during the game they were talking about how much we will miss his presence, shot, his toughness and D skills. You would swear they were still talking about Prime Weber. I think we all wished the media/ commentators just called a spade a spade and spoke in reality. Do they think we are all that dumb? Trying fill us with their nonsense.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Why aren't they playing him on the bottom pair with Romanov? Please? It would damper Romanov but at least it would give us a better chance to win games.
Yea that is the problem. He would even bring down the last pairing on any AHL team right now. He it hot garbage and needs to go. I think Alzner would look like an Allstar next to him.

Reactions: tazsub3

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
I love that Shea is getting rest before we make our run in the playoffs. Best case scenario for us really.

Reactions: BLONG7

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
That is assuming rest is what he needs, and not father time passed by him and is unrecoverable
Recall how dominant he was in that game vs Edm...if it was purely age, that type of elevation would be highly improbable

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I love that Shea is getting rest before we make our run in the playoffs. Best case scenario for us really.
If they can use him around 18-20 minutes per game when he returns would also be a huge help. He is not near good enough to keep playing 22-24 minutes....no way he should get 1-2 minutes....no way.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Recall how dominant he was in that game vs Edm...if it was purely age, that type of elevation would be highly improbable
yes but even mediocre players can look great for one night. The sample size for him is big, and he has been regressing at an alarming rate.
As a fan i hope you right, but i am very very low on him now

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yea that is the problem. He would even bring down the last pairing on any AHL team right now. He it hot garbage and needs to go. I think Alzner would look like an Allstar next to him.

We get it, you don't like Weber, 10 posts citing outrageous examples isn't driving the point home any further.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Maybe Weber isn't hurt, maybe he's just old and is no longer good.

I always find it hilarious which players the media decides to apply the "he must be injured" narrative to. Maybe the 35 year old, aging D-man just sucks now because of age.

There is so much effort from the Habs media to defend Weber's tenure here, it's so gross. It's even grosser when you recall how low the threshold was to completely bash a player like Koivu, Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Markov.

Koivu came back from cancer and gave his heart out every damn shift. Dude played with garbage players, but hustled like I've never seen anyone hustle.

Pacioretty, Subban and Price led the team on it's most exciting playoff run since '93 and were leaders on the most successful habs club in almost 3 decades. Subban was a top defender in the league, Pacioretty has been one of the best scoring LW in the league, Price made this team look decent for years.

Weber manned one of the worst habs teams in history and has no memorable moments other than breaking Gallagher's hand 3 times.

Yet, the only person here that constantly gets defended by the media is Weber while the other 4 guys got f***ing trashed day in and day out.

It's so f***ing gross. I hate what MB has done to this club and the media. He's sucked all the life and joy out of hockey and turned the media into a bunch of f***ing sychophants. It really really sucks to be a habs fan.
I find it hard to believe he wasn’t playing hurt this year. Just no way he dropped off a cliff like that.

That being said, I obviously have no issues trading him.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Not making a correlation...but...no Weber, no Drouin, no problem? Addition by subtraction or coincidence?
With Drouin yes. He doesn't score any more at EV than Lehkonen/Byron/Perry/Armia and is way worse defensively, and replaceable on the PP, we haven't lost any offence in his minutes but have gained better 5v5 defence by losing him.

With Weber kinda. If properly deployed Weber is still a very good player and can run an excellent 2nd pair behind Petry with a capable puck mover as a partner. But the problem is they stick him with Chiarot and deploy him like it's 2010 and he's still this dominant #1 superstar. We're better off having Weber in a proper role than not having him, but we're probably better off not having him in the lineup if the coaches are unable to stop themselves from deploying him like he's Victor Hedman.

Jul 6, 2016
With Drouin yes. He doesn't score any more at EV than Lehkonen/Byron/Perry/Armia and is way worse defensively, and replaceable on the PP, we haven't lost any offence in his minutes but have gained better 5v5 defence by losing him.

With Weber kinda. If properly deployed Weber is still a very good player and can run an excellent 2nd pair behind Petry with a capable puck mover as a partner. But the problem is they stick him with Chiarot and deploy him like it's 2010 and he's still this dominant #1 superstar. We're better off having Weber in a proper role than not having him, but we're probably better off not having him in the lineup if the coaches are unable to stop themselves from deploying him like he's Victor Hedman.

Weber would not take being considered as a second-pairing d-man. He is a very proud individual. The proof: he keeps playing even when he knows that he is injured and can 't give his max.

Reactions: the and JoelWarlord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->