Tribute Shea Weber: Gone to Vegas

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
As if I am the only one that has commented on Shea Weber in the last few days lol. He has gotten off very lightly if you look at the scrutiny that Price, Pacioretty and Subban we’re constantly under. Are you 15 years old?

Hey come on now, it's not like Shea is smilling after a loss (does he ever smile?) or playing cards on the team flight after a loss. He's Bergevin's kind of winner.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I remember watching old Habs captains when things went bad. They played hard. They set the f***ing tone. They scored, they fought, they laid down in front of shots that were going to hurt, they hit, they did everything and anything they could do to win. They had PRIDE. I don’t see that fire from Weber. I saw it from Gainey. I saw it from Carbo, I saw it from Saku. I never saw it with Patio-ready, and when we need it the most, I don’t see it from Weber.

Say what you want about PK, and many have and will, but when it mattered, he picked up his game (and his team) and made a difference.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Why is this guy immune from scrutiny by the media? It is annoying because any other captain or player (unless you're french) gets cut up by the media. If anyone deserves to be cut down it's this loser. Worst captain in Habs history next to patio ready.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Why is this guy immune from scrutiny by the media? It is annoying because any other captain or player (unless you're french) gets cut up by the media. If anyone deserves to be cut down it's this loser. Worst captain in Habs history next to patio ready.
Because MB and his team control the media, they probably get to see what gets written before it ever gets to the fans. Weber was his big trade for Subban, Captain Canada and it made him gave him credibility as a GM to have landed such a player so he is off-limits when it comes to scrutiny.

If we were still in the clutch and grab era Weber would still be considered good but because of the NHL's transition to a speed game, he is often overmatched. He is still good positionally but needs a fast skating puck mover as his D partner. He is now a Marc Methot with a prime Eric Karlsson type of player.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Because MB and his team control the media, they probably get to see what gets written before it ever gets to the fans. Weber was his big trade for Subban, Captain Canada and it made him gave him credibility as a GM to have landed such a player so he is off-limits when it comes to scrutiny.

If we were still in the clutch and grab era Weber would still be considered good but because of the NHL's transition to a speed game, he is often overmatched. He is still good positionally but needs a fast skating puck mover as his D partner. He is now a Marc Methot with a prime Eric Karlsson type of player.
Weber's game has always had a ceiling. Just that when your partner is Ryan Suter--who only has faltered this year--and Roman Josi, you can turn being a hybrid of Gorges and Souray in a bigger frame into something supremely overrated. Andrei Markov was 50 times the dman Weber was and is. OMG, some slappers on Olympic ice. That's what we need in an 82 game season and playoffs.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Weber's game has always had a ceiling. Just that when your partner is Ryan Suter--who only has faltered this year--and Roman Josi, you can turn being a hybrid of Gorges and Souray in a bigger frame into something supremely overrated. Andrei Markov was 50 times the dman Weber was and is. OMG, some slappers on Olympic ice. That's what we need in an 82 game season and playoffs.

Markov has to be one of most underrated players of the last 3 decades, the total opposite of Subban and Weber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad