Shea Theodore - Offer sheet candidate?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
He's gonna have to be. Outside of Brannstrom there's no one in Vegas with #1 defenseman upside. Miller and Schmidt are good but are #3 guys at best.

That's something they can fix with time. I think stockpiling 1st round picks was a smart decision. That's going to be what feeds their talent moving forward. I don't think it was ever realistic for the expansion draft to build them a team that could be successful long-term. Even with the new rules, which were supposed to help, I think we've seen plenty of evidence that the expansion draft doesn't supply you with enough talent. It needed to come from the draft. It remains to be seen if they take full advantage of the draft, but you have to start somewhere.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yeah, I don't think he'd be able to improve those areas in the AHL. He'd be able to compensate for those weaknesses with pure skill, and I think he probably needs to be challenged. That's going to happen in the NHL. He's going to be an excellent player for Vegas for a while. That's my feeling, anyway.
He's been on the ice for 6 ES goals against in 3 games. I think he's got plenty to work on defensively in the AHL. He was a train wreck defensively last year at the NHL level, and was allergic to contact. Someone needs to make sure he's not Justin Schultz, because he should be much much better than he's been.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Vegas Golden Knights have the following defenseman who are UFA after this season.

Jason Garrison
Luca Sbisa
Clayton Stoner
Brayden McNabb
Deryk Engelland

He shouldn't be in the AHL to start next season like he did this season because of not having enough roster space with too many defenseman taking up spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad