NCAA: Shea Patterson transfers to Michigan

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Does Patterson have to sit out a year?

Seems like an odd transfer if he does as wouldn't that line-up with when they would want one of Peters or Mccaffrey to take over? Obviously Patterson has shown a lot more than either of those and the trend at the NCAA level is to over recruit and sit talented guys on the bench, but with no ties to the area/school, and assuming no money like he got at Ole Miss, I would have thought he would have gone to a Southern school.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Does Patterson have to sit out a year?

Seems like an odd transfer if he does as wouldn't that line-up with when they would want one of Peters or Mccaffrey to take over? Obviously Patterson has shown a lot more than either of those and the trend at the NCAA level is to over recruit and sit talented guys on the bench, but with no ties to the area/school, and assuming no money like he got at Ole Miss, I would have thought he would have gone to a Southern school.
As long he files a waiver for 2018, he's allowed to play come fall.

I welcome it I suppose, but am perplexed a little bit. I was really hoping to see Peters & McCaffrey grow a lot in 2018, not saying they won't, but still, 1 extra QB in the mix doesn't help things.

Last edited:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
As long he files a waiver for 2018, he's allowed to play come fall.

I welcome it I suppose, but am perplexed a little bit. I was really hoping to see Peters & McCaffery grow a lot in 2018, not saying they won't, but still, 1 extra QB in the mix doesn't help things.

Ok thanks.

I thought that was only for seniors.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Ok thanks.

I thought that was only for seniors.
A story I had read stated the following:

"As of now, Patterson is not eligible to play in 2018, though reports say he has filed for a waiver to have the exclusion lifted. Only soon-to-be seniors from Ole Miss are currently allowed to transfer without penalty."

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
McCaffrey should transfer to Stanford or Duke.
Have to look at who is on the roster.

Any other position you can split time?

Standard had Keller start the year but he got hurt and was replaced by #3. Not sure that would be the best landing spot for him.

Where can he get playing time.

He just red shirted so if he did transfer could he play immediately? He has 4 year if eligibility left and Peter's has 3 while patterson has 2 years. If he's no. 3, it makes it tough. One of Peter's or McCaffrey should transfer if they want a chance to play. Have to find the right fit.

Surprised that Patterson would go to Michigan with an incumbent RS sophomore and RS freshman at the position. They both have been learning the offense for 1-2 years.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Patterson will suck or do good and leave most likely. And then he just has to battle it out with peters. Dylan won’t go anywhere for a bit unless he’s scared. In which case he likely isn’t a great qb anyway

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
If Patterson wins the job and excels, Peters and McCaffery will leave.

There’s no way both leave. If he excels he probably goes to the NFL. One bad game could mean either one goes in. And on top of that injuries. Peters and speight got hurt I’m sure both qbs know that can happen to patterson

If both leave I’ll be shocked and harbaugh should get a boot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad