Confirmed with Link: Shea back 7 years, $5.2M AAV

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
That is 3/4 slot dman money (heck maybe 5 slot money five years from now).

If you assess him as a surefire NHLer then this deal is at worst okay. If you believe he can be a top pairing 2/3 role player at 22+ minutes per game through his upcoming prime... then it's a very good deal. And if you think he could fill Nate Schmidt's role on the team as the #1 dman, then it's a steal.

A 36+ mill deal for a guy less proven?
Nate will now expect 7+ mill per... a 50 mill deal.

Reactions: Aurinko

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Canadian - so he'll have to get US visa before traveling to Vegas. Paperwork submitted (Monday night/)Tuesday and he may be able to travel by Thursday (or even Wednesday).

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Love locking up Shea long term on a team friendly deal. Definitely feel better having him ready for the opener, especially without Nate for 20 games.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Welp, I was totally wrong. When Brady Skjei signed for 6x5, I didn't think Theo was gonna get that type of deal. Then when the two guys last week signed their bridge deals, I thought the stage was set for him to sign a short term deal.

TBH, I'm not sure how I feel about the term or the dollar value, I'm just glad the stalemate is over.

Canadian - so he'll have to get US visa before traveling to Vegas. Paperwork submitted (Monday night/)Tuesday and he may be able to travel by Thursday (or even Wednesday).

How do you know he's not already in the States?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

long term like I wanted

:pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle::pickle:

Brannstrom gets to develop in the AHL & not burn off his ELC and then dominate the WJCs.

EmperorFun

May 25, 2018
This is a really nice deal. Overpayment for one, maybe two seasons, but this contract ends when there's still a bit of prime left at 30 years old. Dude's ceiling is top pairing defenseman right now and I'm excited to see what he can do. Go Knights!

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
That is 3/4 slot dman money (heck maybe 5 slot money five years from now).

If you assess him as a surefire NHLer then this deal is at worst okay. If you believe he can be a top pairing 2/3 role player at 22+ minutes per game through his upcoming prime... then it's a very good deal. And if you think he could fill Nate Schmidt's role on the team as the #1 dman, then it's a steal.

A 36+ mill deal for a guy less proven?
Nate will now expect 7+ mill per... a 50 mill deal.

I share you pessimism.

A nitrous go kart with no seat belt. He's great but no way he can fill Nate's shoes.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->