Movies: Shazam!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I haven't seen Zachery Levi in anything since Chuck (other than basically a non-speaking role in Thor:Ragnarok) so I am excited about this.

Wait this is a DC thing? Hmmm, odd.

account deactivated

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I've been so let down by the terrible writing and CGI-obsessed live action DC movies that it's an odd feeling to be looking forward to one again.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I think it looks fun. Hoping for the best.

Is the movie supposed to be set in Toronto? There too much TTC in that trailer for me to suspend my disbelief. I even caught a glimpse of our paltry subway map in there.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
This just looks fun. Seeing what appears to be a serious change in tone with this and Aquaman gives me some hope that DC can revive itself.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Looks like this DC flick will have some levity and not be as dark as the others. Anyone know if this is supposed to be part of the DCEU?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Apparently the initial social media reaction is postive.

I am also still getting confused seeing the Captain Marvel thread and thinking people mean this movie.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Apparently the initial social media reaction is postive.

I am also still getting confused seeing the Captain Marvel thread and thinking people mean this movie.

I saw some reaction saying that the positives outweigh the negatives, so it seems to be flawed like Captain Marvel.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I saw some reaction saying that the positives outweigh the negatives, so it seems to be flawed like Captain Marvel.

I meant in that Shazam used to be Captain Marvel, or at least was last time I was reading any comics.

It hasn’t fully sunk in the character is just called Shazam now.

But yeah the reactions seem to be that is not perfect, but an overall fun movie and a step in the right direction for DC.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I hope DC has started to understand that you need to stay true to the overall feel of the comic if you want to truly succeed, a dark and gritty Batman works cause that’s his world; a dark and gritty Superman doesn’t work because his world is supposed to be about hope.

It seems with this, aquaman and WW they are getting it

Reactions: donghabs98

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Based on the first trailer it looked like Jimmy Fallon in a muscle suit. I wasn't sure if it was real or not.

2nd trailer makes it look kind of like Kick-Ass. The tone of the film is more clear with this one. I like it when they play up the cheeziness. It's a dude in spandex and a cape, after all. I guess it was supposed to look like a cheesy muscle suit all along.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
It still looks like good, dumb fun. I think the key is just not trying to read too much into it and going with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->