Speculation: Shayne Gostisbehere

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Flyers should just keep Ghost, even in a down season he was shy of 40 points and his possession numbers were decent.

Ghost had less average TOI this season and his shooting percentage was also down, maybe could have been due to less PP time as well.

Not sure who his defensive partner he played the most with but I have a feeling it was probably Farmers corpse he was dragging around the most.

Philly should lose either Hagg or MacDonald from next seasons roster but should also be looking for a defensive type of defenseman.

I for one would love Brett Pesce in trade but the price to get him would probably be to steep, so the next option would be to try and sign a top 4 RHD free agent say Tyler Myers.

Reactions: Devonator

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
No to trading Ghost. Simple economics , if you have someone signed to a great contract you keep him. If someone whether it be Fletcher or anyone else trades that contract away it's a stupid decision barring a blatant obvious overpay that offsets the finances.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
listening to Fletcher today it sounds like he wants to add to the defense, not remove key players from it.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
What would be the add ons ?

So I'm just looking at the needs of the Flyers. The only way that I would consider trading Shayne is if we got a top pairing RHD to play with Provorov. Larsson and Risto aren't those guys. They both struggled a bit defensively against top players this year and seem to be better suited to 2nd pairing minutes. Both Trouba and Pesce would require the Flyers to add. I think Dougie Hamilton for Shayne Gostisbehere straight up would be an interesting trade that both sides made do. Dumba is the one I'm not too sure on. Haven't watched a whole lot of Wild games and haven't heard his name brought up too much as a trade option for Gostisbehere so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad