Speculation: Shayne Gostisbehere

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
He still played 47 games. They need someone to anchor the 2nd pair with Ghost (or to shift Sanheim down to the 2nd pairing) then have Gudas on the 3rd pairing with Hagg/Myers/Morin.
He’s played his best hockey on the first pair. I won’t use injuries as an excuse because theyre just that... an excuse, but the defensive minded coaching this year has been nothing short of atrocious. They switched from having a SF1 below the red line and completely relied on the D pair to battle with 3 opposing forecheckers to get the puck out of the zone.

Sanheim will probably be better than Ghost, but I would have Sanheim on the 2nd pair with someone and let Ghost return to form on the 1st pair.

If we don’t sign/trade anyone... I would love to have as a D Corp:

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Myers
Morin - Gudas

Everyone had a down year and people are freaking out. Same idea when Giroux and Voracek put up 50 points. Everyone wants them traded. All that is needed is a coaching change/fix. Have more support F in the Dzone to help play. STOP DOING 2 LINE PASSES EAST - WEST OR JUST IN GENERAL. Stuff like that.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
He’s played his best hockey on the first pair. I won’t use injuries as an excuse because theyre just that... an excuse, but the defensive minded coaching this year has been nothing short of atrocious. They switched from having a SF1 below the red line and completely relied on the D pair to battle with 3 opposing forecheckers to get the puck out of the zone.

Sanheim will probably be better than Ghost, but I would have Sanheim on the 2nd pair with someone and let Ghost return to form on the 1st pair.

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Myers
Morin - Gudas

Everyone had a down year and people are freaking out. Same idea when Giroux and Voracek put up 50 points. Everyone wants them traded. All that is needed is a coaching change/fix. Have more support F in the Dzone to help play. STOP DOING 2 LINE PASSES EAST - WEST OR JUST IN GENERAL. Stuff like that.

I mean that could work, but overly relying on Morin and Myers would be a mistake IMO. Guess it depends on what the goal is next season, think they'd have to target some via trade to beef up the defense as I don't see any good targets in free agency.

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Myers
Morin - Gudas

Can't have Morin and Ghost on the same paring, need to separate the only guy's to try and hit anyone. I think at least 1 guy on D will be traded, Ghost. If so,here's a guess...If another D-man is acquired this all changes

Provorov-Gudas
Sanheim-Myers
Newcomer or Friedman - Morin

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Can't have Morin and Ghost on the same paring, need to separate the only guy's to try and hit anyone. I think at least 1 guy on D will be traded, Ghost. If so,here's a guess...If another D-man is acquired this all changes

Provorov-Gudas
Sanheim-Myers
Newcomer or Friedman - Morin
The Sanheim - Gudas pairing worked well.

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin - Myers

You also realize the D pairing without Ghost that you gave is 1000X worse right? Gudas isn’t a top pairing Dman. If Ghost is traded, it’ll be for a top pairing RHD. If we want to try and sign one this offseason, it’ll be for an elite F. Regardless, Ghost shouldn’t be the scapegoat of our D trouble.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Morin shouldn't be pencilled into the lineup simply because he's not Hagg or MacDonald. He isn't very good.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
How about:

Provorov-Sanheim
Ghost- Myers
Gudas-Morin

Let's have an entire year of that and then re-evalute from there.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
giphy.gif

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Which ghost? The elite offensive player and premier power play quarterback or the undersized middle pairing guy who struggles in the playoffs.?
Ghosts usage and development has been one of the glaring factors of the former regimes dismissal. The problem is he plays like the former and is paid like the latter. You can't recoup value like that. Toronto had kaberle a few years back and he was constantly in rumors too. They didn't let him get out of town til that deal was up and we shouldn't either. Let the new gm figure out what kind of team we're going to be and a coach who knows what hes doing.
I do however hate value of threads that don't have proposals in them so just to put something out there
Puljujarvi and larsson from edm for ghost
I would consider that....i def would move #53 in the right deal no doubt.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Like what frost ghost pick for subban type?

I like Subban, but no, I'd want a more defensively sound Right handed guy. I dont have a particular person in mind because i dont really see us moving him. He's just too valuable at his contract and production, and hes the only one that has demonstrated over a a prolonged period of time that he is capable of running the offense on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->