HF retirement home
upload_2021-2-27_11-51-54.jpeg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
October? Kinda far unless I read wrong
Standard timing in the publishing world. Many high profile people will often announce they are writing a book a year out from publication.

You honestly need this time because you have to make any final tweaks to the copy, mock up and shoot the cover jacket of the book and schedule the book tour all of which takes longer because of COVID.

They also need time to print the books and format it for kindle and other e-readers and if they plan to release an audio version, they need time to record it so it can be available to all those who pre-ordered it at midnight on release day.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Standard timing in the publishing world. Many high profile people will often announce they are writing a book a year out from publication.

You honestly need this time because you have to make any final tweaks to the copy, mock up and shoot the cover jacket of the book and schedule the book tour all of which takes longer because of COVID.

They also need time to print the books and format it for kindle and other e-readers and if they plan to release an audio version, they need time to record it so it can be available to all those who pre-ordered it at midnight on release day.

Ill probably buy it either way. Gotta support suga shawn.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Wish it was coming out sooner than October.

That picture doesn't quite look like him. The eyes look weird. Maybe it's the lighting.

Reactions: Gordoff

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Was just watching him take out Orpik after Orpik blew up Loui, that was amazing.

the look on his face as he’s being skated away by the ref is COLD BLOODED. I love that guy forever

I think he and Orpik were close friends when that happened.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think he and Orpik were close friends when that happened.

That’s ruthless. Orpik probably should’ve dropped them when provided the chance

can’t be running a teams top 6 winger coming back from a concussion like that and not answer the bell

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
That’s ruthless. Orpik probably should’ve dropped them when provided the chance

can’t be running a teams top 6 winger coming back from a concussion like that and not answer the bell

Orpik never dropped them. He's the epitome of a guy who played on and sometimes over the edge and always refused to own up to it. Hence the "fainting goat" reaction to Sugar's gloved love tap. He literally fainted from fear.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I am greatly anticipating the stories I hope will be in this book.

I still wish he would come back and do something in the Bruins media realm.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Can't wait to read the forward. Tuukka is a gem!!!

His game 5 presser with Chara in 2019 is a classic!!!

1:15 into the video

Chris "Zdeno, uh, are you able to eat, uh, food properly now?":

Rask's reaction is epic...

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
From tomorrow Globe:

Shawn Thornton’s new book includes an entire chapter on Tuukka Rask, and it’s not just because they’re buddies.
“I think he is one of the most underappreciated athletes in that city,” said Thornton, speaking from the press box at FLA Live Arena, a few floors up from his spot in the Panthers’ business office.
“It irks me that some of the sentiment around him — he’s the winningest goalie in [Bruins] franchise history. Yes, he wasn’t the starter when we won the Cup, but he got there twice when he was the starter. No, he didn’t win. I’d argue we’d have won in 2011 if he was the starter. He’s a generational-type player. Is there a better goalie in the last 14 years? It’s Carey Price and him.”
Thornton, whose autobiography, “Fighting My Way to the Top,” was co-written with NESN broadcaster Dale Arnold, includes some comic relief about the Corinne, the ill-fated boat Rask and Thornton owned when they were Charlestown neighbors. It also tells the story of a Toronto-area kid who signed his first NHL contract in a steel factory, where he worked in the summers. He played in the AHL for 605 games and won the Cup twice in his 705-game NHL career. As he describes it, he was “the worst player on every team” coming up.
He felt overlooked youngsters might draw inspiration.
“They convinced me I had a unique story,” said Thornton, at first hesitant to do the project. “Especially for today’s NHL.”
The book leads with the Bruins’ response to the 2010 Matt Cooke hit on Marc Savard, as well as Thornton’s self-described biggest career regret: the time he sucker-punched Brooks Orpik (who shares his side). Those tales, plus those involving Thornton’s 400-something fights in the minors, make this a record of a dying breed. He remains pro-pugilism. He knows the game no longer shares that view.
“They said it four years ago when I was retiring — he’s a dinosaur,” Thornton said. “I’m not sure how many people in today’s game would have the perseverance to stick it out for nine years in the minors before getting their first real shot. Maybe it’s the lack of options I had on the other side. It worked out for me. I’m sitting here now. It was worth it.”

All those punches, he said, have not yet left their mark. He is in good health.
“One hundred percent,” said Thornton, the Panthers’ chief commercial officer. “I don’t think I’d be in charge of revenue and marketing for a sports franchise if it was having any issues.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad