TSN: Shawn Thornton suspended 15 games

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Too many.

Should have been 7. Shanahan is all over the map. There is no precedent set for any of this. John Scott lays a predatory hit on Loui, gets 7. James Neal, a multiple offender, tries to concuss Marchand, gets 5.

Shawn Thornton, a first time offender gets 15.

This is now the precedent...and Shanahan will ignore it the next time he rules.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So really 18 with games already missed. Well, hate it was a Bruin being made as an example of let alone a first time offender but....I'm also tired of waking up each morning to read about yet another player concussed on an avoidable play.

That @#**@ Mario grinning ear to ear:(

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Do the 3 games he has already missed count toward the 15 games or is it 15 games in addition to what he already has missed?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So really 18 with games already missed. Well, hate it was a Bruin being made as an example of let alone a first time offender but....I'm also tired of waking up each morning to read about yet another player concussed on an avoidable play.

Don't the games he has already sat out count towards the 15 ?

norwoodmustang

Jul 29, 2005
Norwood, MA USA

Don't the games he already missed count as time served?

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.

We will see how much he is smiling when we bounce his gang of scum bags in the playoffs again.

**** him and **** that franchise. Bandwagon jumping *******s.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
The games he's already missed count towards the suspension. So really he has 12 to go which IMO is 5 more than he should have gotten.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Don't the games he already missed count as time served?

The TOR, CGY, and EDM games do count toward the suspension. So tonight's game will be game 4 of the suspension.

According to my count, his first game back would be against the Sharks on January 11th.

Can any one explain why Ray Emery didn't get a single game for doing exactly what Thornton did?

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I dunno, I think it's fair. Yes, Orpik should have manned up but I think Thornton crossed a line.

acr*

This is absurd, but in the end nobody will even notice Thornton was gone, so it's sort of a moot point

But really, it's more of an indictment on the Bruins' style, punishing them for taking it into their hands when we've been the victims of the cheapshot artists of the league for years, and Shanahan is absolutely biased against us.

Thornton should've got 5 max for his little love taps to Orpik's face.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Thornton was Bertuzzied with this suspension.

Given the fall out and ongoing court battle after the Moore mugging by Bertuzzi, I guess the league wanted to cover its legal backside.

The irony is that the puke Orpik will probably be back into action next week now that Thornton has been sentenced.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I'm mainly upset because it means we'll be seeing Caron for 15 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad