Shawn Thornton “Fighting My Way to the Top”

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I work for Indigo here in Canada and we finally received some copies of Shawn Thornton’s book (signed) and I’ve just started reading it today.

It’s a must-read for any Bruin fan of the last dozen years. Already.

He comes out swinging right in the prologue… his first sentence references Cooke hitting Savvy and the lack of response. Like, no BS. It’s before the first chapter.

Add to that, there are quotes from nearly everyone from this era spattered throughout the book. Tuukka writes the forward. Sheriff Hnidy gets the first blurb.

There may have been a thread for this. I don’t know. But I am maybe a quarter of the way in and I love it. And I want to talk about it.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I finished it last week and it was awesome. Shawn is such an outstanding human being and doing things everyday to make the world a better place. I finished it in 3 days because I couldn’t put it down it was that good. An absolute must read.

It’s so very funny how Gods plan for you isn’t what you think it is….So many athlete have careers secondary to what they contribute to humanity

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I work for Indigo here in Canada and we finally received some copies of Shawn Thornton’s book (signed) and I’ve just started reading it today.

He comes out swinging right in the prologue… his first sentence references Cooke hitting Savvy and the lack of response. Like, no BS. It’s before the first chapter.

Add to that, there are quotes from nearly everyone from this era spattered throughout the book. Tuukka writes the forward. Sheriff Hnidy gets the first blurb.

There may have been a thread for this. I don’t know. But I am maybe a quarter of the way in and I love it. And I want to talk about it.

Those guys knew what being a Bruin was and what it meant and how it made the fans feel. Such a great era

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
I've had this on order since I found out about it, can't wait!

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
If anyone is looking for another read after the Thornton book I just finished Brantt Myhres’s book Pain Killer. What an absolute story he has. From growing up in Alberta to the NHL and beyond. Unbelievable read.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020

Can you order a signed copy?

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
If anyone is looking for another read after the Thornton book I just finished Brantt Myhres’s book Pain Killer. What an absolute story he has. From growing up in Alberta to the NHL and beyond. Unbelievable read.

Will never forget his one and only Bruins game in Buffalo where he performed a couple of muggings, got about 30 minutes in penalties and never returned to the NHL.

After the game, Ftorek, said something like; "I told him not to start anything, and he just didn't listen."

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Will never forget his one and only Bruins game in Buffalo where he performed a couple of muggings, got about 30 minutes in penalties and never returned to the NHL.

After the game, Ftorek, said something like; "I told him not to start anything, and he just didn't listen."
He talks about it briefly in the book. Also talks about doing cocaine in Providence with a top Bruins draft pick at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad