Shawn Matthias

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Even we as Panthers Fans don't know. He would shows flashes and then be demoted to the 4th line..... His upside is probably a 2nd liner, but more than likely he will be a 3rd liner.

Jan 19, 2006
With a new coach hopefully he gets a chance to play he was such a beast in the Ohl.

Despite his reputation, I was disappointed in DeBoer's ability to develop the younger players on the roster. I think Matthias could thrive in the right situation.

I think he realistically projects as a strong third line center who could play on the second line and not look out of place.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
my take as a florida fan:

i see him becoming a very good third line center - maybe like a manny malhotra. the speed of the nhl seems to fast for him to ever evolve into anything more. he doesn't have the vision to be a playmaker, and just doesn't have the scoring instincts to be a top-6 scorer.

he's fast, big, strong, though, so if he can work on his defensive game to the point where he's a regular contributor on the PK - i see him being a 15-20 goal, 30-40 point 3rd line center who's big and somewhat physical presence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->