Shawn Belle

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins4777*

I don't know much about this kid, i heard he's a great athelte with amazing skating, but when i've watched his play hasn't been all that noticable. I've only seen him play maybe 1 or 2 times. I always noticed his skating, but he never seemed to be horrible or great just kinda invisible without screwing up big time. But not in the lidstrom sense.

So can anybody explain why this guy's no.'s suck so much? I know you can't judge a player by the numbers, especially for dmen, but i'm just wondering if he's so great, what makes him so great? He sounds so highly touted.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
He has everything to be a superstar but its not in him i think. Mental errors is his middle name. But his great talent helps him to overcome his mistakes.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
bruins4777 said:
I don't know much about this kid, i heard he's a great athelte with amazing skating, but when i've watched his play hasn't been all that noticable. I've only seen him play maybe 1 or 2 times. I always noticed his skating, but he never seemed to be horrible or great just kinda invisible without screwing up big time. But not in the lidstrom sense.

So can anybody explain why this guy's no.'s suck so much? I know you can't judge a player by the numbers, especially for dmen, but i'm just wondering if he's so great, what makes him so great? He sounds so highly touted.

Well he has 22 points in 28 games so far this year, on pace to easily surpass his high of 29 set last year. So I wouldnt say his numers "suck". And Im not sure where you get that he's "so highly touted", as most of the talk I see around here is how he is going to be a huge disappointment and will be lucky to be a top 4 d-man in the future. He's been described as "all tools with no toolbox", meaning he has all the skills, but nothing upstairs.

bruins4777*

Chaos said:
Well he has 22 points in 28 games so far this year, on pace to easily surpass his high of 29 set last year. So I wouldnt say his numers "suck". And Im not sure where you get that he's "so highly touted", as most of the talk I see around here is how he is going to be a huge disappointment and will be lucky to be a top 4 d-man in the future. He's been described as "all tools with no toolbox", meaning he has all the skills, but nothing upstairs.

I didn't check up his numbers this year my bad :amazed:

Anyways, i just looked at his numbers prior to this season and for a guy who i heard has truly amazing tools, i was suprised by his poor numbers.

I haven't seen much talk of him on this boards. Anyways thanks.

Is he just bad mentally or is his poise poor and he easily ratteled? Or something like that?

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
bruins4777 said:
I didn't check up his numbers this year my bad :amazed:

Anyways, i just looked at his numbers prior to this season and for a guy who i heard has truly amazing tools, i was suprised by his poor numbers.

I haven't seen much talk of him on this boards. Anyways thanks.

Is he just bad mentally or is his poise poor and he easily ratteled? Or something like that?

Apparrently he lacks "hockey sense".

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not too sure what to think of Belle. My gut instinct says he simply doesn't do one specific thing well enough to make it in the NHL.

Not skilled enough to be a top 4 guy but far too mistake prone to be a 3rd pairing guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad