Shawinigan Cataractes: 2018-2019 Thread

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
Now nearing training camps and being able to attend most of the games this year I'll inform you on everything interesting about the team this year. Feel free to comment or even inform me.

I wish a great upcoming season to all QMJHL and CHL fans!

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
Here's the scrimmages schedule for training camp at the Centre Gervais Auto:

Wednesday August 15 2018
19 H – Blue vs White
Thursday August 16 2018
10 H – Blue vs White
19 H – Blue vs White
Saturday August 18 2018
10 H – Blue vs White
19 H – Blue vs White

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
Also 3 preseason games in Shawinigan:

1- Tigres vs Cats: Sunday August 19 at 4pm
2- Oceanic vs Cats: Saturday August 25 at 6pm
3- Voltigeurs vs Cats: Sunday August 26 at 4pm

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
The franchise is also celebrating it's 50th anniversary this year.

HEADER_50E-1024x200.jpg

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
Looks like GM Martin Mondou is ready for the upcoming season. Here's his tweet and picture from it:

@MartinMondou
Aug 1
Back at the rink this morning, smells like #2018TrainingCamp #15days @Cataractes_Shaw #Cantwait

Djg5cYzX0AANO4m.jpg

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
Quick update. I went to the Cats first preseason game eager to see the 3rd pick overall Mavrik Bourque last weekend. He went with an OT goal and a pass vs Victoriaville. Gained confidence as the game went on.

I hope to see our Euro draftee Nussbaumer soon too.

Next preseason game: Saturday August 25th in Shawinigan against Rimouski.

Hockeyoutsider

Aug 25, 2018
I'm planning on catching some QMJHL games this year and shawinigan was one of the rinks I planned on visiting, I have very minimal French, so will I have a hard time getting tickets or game programs here or anywhere else on my visit?

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
I'm planning on catching some QMJHL games this year and shawinigan was one of the rinks I planned on visiting, I have very minimal French, so will I have a hard time getting tickets or game programs here or anywhere else on my visit?

Some of the people who sell tickets at the Centre Gervais Auto speak english so you’ll have no problem getting them. Same for hotels and restaurants around. You’ll be ok.

Reactions: Hockeyoutsider

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
I was at the preseason game last night vs Rimouski to see Valentin Nussbaumeer in his first game in Shawinigan. He ended up with a goal and an assist. He also won most of the faceoffs he took at center. Played well with Drozg. It was the only game for Benoit and Drozg before going to NHL camps. The Cataractes lost 4-2.

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
Last preseason game this afternoon against the Voltigeurs in Shawinigan.

Attachments

• D1440C52-D658-4A28-A076-F1553D56FDB5.jpeg
    D1440C52-D658-4A28-A076-F1553D56FDB5.jpeg
    417.9 KB · Views: 5

jessb37

Mar 8, 2006
I live in North Carolina and made the trip to Quebec five years ago for several games, including one in Shawinigan. Was my favorite place out of everywhere we went. Stayed in a cabin on edge of town at Chalet Enchante(?) with great view of the water and private outdoor hot tub. People were friendly and understood my English (for the most part) and limited French. P.A. announcements are all French but no problem. Plan to go back one day -- really loved the small-town feel, though the arena is very modern and comfortable. Bought tickets in advance online and the only program was a small leaflet they give you at the front gate -- not sure if still like that.

Little Black

@LittleBlack87
Jun 30, 2010
I live in North Carolina and made the trip to Quebec five years ago for several games, including one in Shawinigan. Was my favorite place out of everywhere we went. Stayed in a cabin on edge of town at Chalet Enchante(?) with great view of the water and private outdoor hot tub. People were friendly and understood my English (for the most part) and limited French. P.A. announcements are all French but no problem. Plan to go back one day -- really loved the small-town feel, though the arena is very modern and comfortable. Bought tickets in advance online and the only program was a small leaflet they give you at the front gate -- not sure if still like that.

The program is still the same and they added a couple features in the arena to make the experience even better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad