OT: Shaw v telus v other

Anzes Eyes

5th line centre
Jun 2, 2011
I've been with novus since 2006 and I've never had the problems you're stating. Before that I bounced back and forth between shaw/telus and I just found the customer service and internet/tv seemed a lot more consistent than shaw/telus.

I also like the fact that if shaw/telus have some crazy promo out to lure me back to them, novus will match the promo no questions asked. Just recently Shaw had offered me internet/cable for $45/month for 6 months. Called novus and matched it and extended that promo for an additional 6 months.

On top of that, if I need to call for a billing or technical support question it's usually answered within 30 seconds of being placed in the queue or right away.

Happy customer here!

p.s. no, i'm not an employee, that's just how highly I think of novus.

How do I get Shaw to offer that to me so I can hold Novus hostage?:naughty:

gongshowmonkey

Sep 10, 2008
How do I get Shaw to offer that to me so I can hold Novus hostage?:naughty:

there was a Novus promo pamphlet recently for a pretty sweet deal.
Try and find one

EDIT:
I actually phoned them and they matched their own sweet offer to lower my monthly bills

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Telus decided to not give my house internet and phone for an hour.
This happened last month too.

I'm not pleased. :rant:

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Necro-bump

My telus internet has been **** yesterday and today.
It's basically dial-up right now, and doesn't work at all most of the time.

I think I might be switching back to shaw soon.

professorchaos

Nov 22, 2011
Langley
Necro-bump

My telus internet has been **** yesterday and today.
It's basically dial-up right now, and doesn't work at all most of the time.

I think I might be switching back to shaw soon.

Apparently they don't have enough servers to handle the traffic of their customers. At least that is what a customer service agent told me when I called to complain about the exact same problem. I then asked when will more servers be acquired to handle the traffic. I was told that management is currently having meetings to discuss this issue and so there really isn't a timeline yet. IMO this problem will work itself out well before Telus decides to obtain more servers.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Apparently they don't have enough servers to handle the traffic of their customers. At least that is what a customer service agent told me when I called to complain about the exact same problem. I then asked when will more servers be acquired to handle the traffic. I was told that management is currently having meetings to discuss this issue and so there really isn't a timeline yet. IMO this problem will work itself out well before Telus decides to obtain more servers.

I don't want to even bother talking to their custom service.
I think I'll be making the switch after the weekend.

Their product (as well as Shaw's) is overpriced already, but when you cant even get it to work properly, then you have a serious problem.
I love having internet speeds that are over 200x slower than Korea at double the price. :sarcasm:

cotillion

May 26, 2011
PoCo
shaw. ainec.

I don't want to even bother talking to their custom service.
I think I'll be making the switch after the weekend.

Their product (as well as Shaw's) is overpriced already, but when you cant even get it to work properly, then you have a serious problem.
I love having internet speeds that are over 200x slower than Korea at double the price. :sarcasm:

Well at least you won't be nuked here for the foreseeable future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->