Boston Globe Shaughnessy: There’s no looking back for Brad Marchand and Bruins

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Anyway, I've always enjoyed Mr. Shaughnessy's columns.

Even if you enjoy his columns, there is no denying he kept recycling the same columns for years. To whit:

Soccer is terrible.
Patriots play a bunch of tomato cans.
The Curse of the Bambino, aka "Babe, Bucky, Buckner and (eventually) Boone". (Worst thing in Shank's career was the 2004 WS win).
Bruins need a real sniper (even when they had Cam Neely, a 50 goal scorer with one of the best SH% in Bruins history).

Reactions: rfournier103

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I'm aware of the view in here. Still think I'll side with the BBWAA.

Not sure what the Grammys have to do with sports writers. Seems a very stupid analogy to me.

Anyway, I've always enjoyed Mr. Shaughnessy's columns.
You don't get the analogy of an organization giving out an award doesn't make it good?

And if you always enjoyed Shank's columns in the past then great news. You will again. Because it will be the same ones. :laugh:

Reactions: jgatie

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Even if you enjoy his columns, there is no denying he kept recycling the same columns for years. To whit:

Soccer is terrible.
The Curse of the Bambino, aka "Babe, Bucky, Buckner and (eventually) Boone". (Worst thing in Shank's career was the 2004 WS win).
Bruins need a real sniper (even when they had Cam Neely, a 50 goal scorer with one of the best SH% in Bruins history).

He can't write any more than paragraph about any other sport without first referencing something about baseball

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Congratulations on the sleep. I do as well. Cultivating hate seems a little over the top...
You can't deny your hate for Jacob's. Every chance you get you dump on him. If that's not cultivating, I don't know what it is.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I'm not denying my hate for him, but to say I'm cultivating hate alludes to something bigger than just this one person..
Doesn't have to be, cultivate is to nurture and help grow.
It can be used in your case to a single person.
Now... you're the one who really knows the extent.

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
Let's take a moment here and appreciate how much Brad has matured in the past 5 seasons.

I hope he never fully loses the rat in his game, but it's good to see him becoming a leader and realize he doesnt need to be a pest to be effective. You can see it both in the way he carries himself and the way he plays the game.
But fully expect at least 1 suspension again this season....love the guy but...

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Soccer is terrible.

38 years at the same paper, guess its not easy to be original every day.

And its not like I always agree with him (I love soccer). One needs to understand that he's always had to be the bad cop to Bob Ryan's good cop.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
38 years at the same paper, guess its not easy to be original every day.

And its not like I always agree with him (I love soccer). One needs to understand that he's always had to be the bad cop to Bob Ryan's good cop.

Nah. He sucks. Any journalist worth their salt wouldn't blatantly publish the same articles dozens of times. He is effectively plagiarizing himself, which is the ultimate in laziness. Agree to disagree.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You don't get the analogy of an organization giving out an award doesn't make it good?

And if you always enjoyed Shank's columns in the past then great news. You will again. Because it will be the same ones. :laugh:

I get the analogy, just find it dumb.

Picking the very worst awards given by the very worst organization (Grammys) doesn't make a case for anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad