Speculation: Shattenkirk

Mad Brills*

So, with Armstrong yesterday saying his core 6 pieces, and Shattenkirk not being among them, does he get trade this summer, or during the year, for someone that likely won't be retained long term.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
If Shatty would of re-signed in Edmonton I'm sure he would already have been traded. But since he has specific teams he will only sign for and the asking price being so high it could take a while to find the right deal.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
If Shattenkirk is a Blue this time next year, i'd be floored. I still think he ends up a Ranger unless a team like Boston or Philly steps up their offer now and trades for him, in which case he probably would re-sign.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
New Jersey would be extremely interested in his services. He's from New Rochelle, NY so it's close to his home which is an added bonus.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I imagine Shattenkirk doesn't move from the Blues this season unless the offer is really good.

Otherwise, either his UFA rights get traded in the upcoming offseason, before the expansion draft protection list deadline, or some team signs him out of free agency. I'm assuming the Rangers will be one of the front runners for him.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
With the Schwartz contract settled, I expect the Shattenkirk talk will heat up. The Sobotka situation remains unsettled, but that doesn't affect the Shattenkirk situation like Schwartz contract.

There is no reason for him to play in St. Louis. It would be a waste of his talent and he doesnt make the difference between making or missing the playoffs.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
With the Schwartz contract settled, I expect the Shattenkirk talk will heat up. The Sobotka situation remains unsettled, but that doesn't affect the Shattenkirk situation like Schwartz contract.

There is no reason for him to play in St. Louis. It would be a waste of his talent and he doesnt make the difference between making or missing the playoffs.

Honestly, where does he presently slot in on the St. L D? 2-3?

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Shattenkirk is still our 2nd best dman. Parakyo is likely better defensively, and as the year goes on the gap between the two will likely shrink to very little - and that has nothing to do with Shatty not being a top 30/20 dman.

Brendonhayden

Jan 25, 2016
Is shattenkirk basically a RHD phaneuf type?

He does not have a contract like his and is actually good but Armstrong is asking way too much I as a blues fan would take spooner or Pasternak and a first or something he want that and there other first. I will be very upset if he is not traded by the season. Armstrong is one of the worst Gms at trading imo but he is good at contract signings I wish he would of been fired after last year. The Miller trade imp he gave up way too much in the Perron trade he did not get enough I mean a year later he was traded for a first. I have a feeling shatty is either not going to be trade or will we get spare parts for him.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
The D market is weak, so he will return a haul.

Just wanted to get a feel from a Blues' perspective as to where he is as a player.

Thanks

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
St. Louis is in an odd spot. They're going to want a huge haul for him, given his obvious value, but his contract status really reduces his value to the team receiving him. I'd love to bring him to New Jersey to help fill the hole left by Larsson, but I can't see the Devils being willing to part with the kind of assets St. Louis will rightfully demand.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
If Shatty would of re-signed in Edmonton I'm sure he would already have been traded. But since he has specific teams he will only sign for and the asking price being so high it could take a while to find the right deal.

That's exactly the problem with his value, his team selection plus an expiring contract. Blues won't get fair value unless the Rangers pull a typical move and bid against themselves.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
St. Louis is in an odd spot. They're going to want a huge haul for him, given his obvious value, but his contract status really reduces his value to the team receiving him. I'd love to bring him to New Jersey to help fill the hole left by Larsson, but I can't see the Devils being willing to part with the kind of assets St. Louis will rightfully demand.

Hall for Shattenkirk??

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
He'll be dealt or else a distraction. Blues fans should not expect fair value back, but decent value at best.

The Blues are still a playoff bound team that has a chance at a Cup run. Instead of just giving Shatty away for the sake of giving him away for magic beans, the Blues will just keep him for this years run and walk away. It makes no sense to make the team worse just for the sake of trading a player away.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
The Blues are still a playoff bound team that has a chance at a Cup run. Instead of just giving Shatty away for the sake of giving him away for magic beans, the Blues will just keep him for this years run and walk away. It makes no sense to make the team worse just for the sake of trading a player away.

We shouldn't trade him for nothing, but there isn't much use in keeping him.

Brendonhayden

Jan 25, 2016

I would even be fine if we trade him for an upgrade on the left side. Ideals we get and upgrade at center I don't want to lose him for nothing but I have a feeling we are going to

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO

Other than he's incredibly talented, drives the PP better than anyone else we have, and would be very important part of the team if there was an injury giving him the ice time he deserves. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad