Confirmed with Link: Shattenkirk trade discussion Part II

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Anyone see the thread about Shatty in the main thread? Many of the Caps fans aren't very impressed with his defensive ability. They talk like they don't look for him to be resigned there.
The one started by the Leafs fan? There's been more posts from Blues fans in there than Caps fans, with maybe 5 posts worth reading in the entire thread.

Maybe.

The main boards are typically pretty cringe-worthy when it comes to evaluating players.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Anyone see the thread about Shatty in the main thread? Many of the Caps fans aren't very impressed with his defensive ability. They talk like they don't look for him to be resigned there.

Was re-signing him ever a realistic possibility? I thought they had salary cap constraints that made that out of the question without moving someone else.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Was re-signing him ever a realistic possibility? I thought they had salary cap constraints that made that out of the question without moving someone else.

I believe some Caps fans were considering the idea of moving Carlson and re-signing Shattenkirk.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Speaking of Shattenkirk, it looks like he's doing quite well with Tampa. Good for him. I will always remember him fondly when he was with the Blues. The guy was always a very good defenseman.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Speaking of Shattenkirk, it looks like he's doing quite well with Tampa. Good for him. I will always remember him fondly when he was with the Blues. The guy was always a very good defenseman.
But it’s still crazy that we traded him for a Stanley Cup Champion.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Ranksu’s gonna be pissed someone bumped an old thread before him
giphy.gif

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Shattenkirk will be his usual liability of a self once the playoffs come around. I'd be surprised if Tampa comes out of the East, regardless of how much they beast over the remainder of the regular season. That team is built for the regular season and no amount of Pat Maroon or Barclay Goodrow is going to change that.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Shattenkirk will be his usual liability of a self once the playoffs come around. I'd be surprised if Tampa comes out of the East, regardless of how much they beast over the remainder of the regular season. That team is built for the regular season and no amount of Pat Maroon or Barclay Goodrow is going to change that.

I agree about the shatty liability part in his own zone in playoffs..... but idk dude, they went through adversity early in the year, changed/fixed some issues and have been dominant since then. Then they added Blake Coleman who IMO is a fantastic piece to add around that core whos game is built for playoff hockey. Goodrow and maroon yeah 4th liners whatever..... but their top 9 is elite, their top 4D are elite and vasilevskiy is elite.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Totally agree about Shattenkirk, he is a wreck in his own end. I still think the lightning could make some noise in the playoffs, but only if they shelter ShattDueces as much as possible. But they could play really well and still lose to Boston, Washington or Pittsburgh. Those teams are loaded.

What an amazing trade that turned out to be. Credit to the Blues staff for helping Sanford put all of his tools together. Sanford and Thomas seem to be developing great chemistry. Could be interesting to add Vova to that line.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Have you been watching them play? This team looks poised to run the table. They don’t look like a paper tiger to me. I think they’ve learned from last year.

My only question mark is which version of Vasilevsky shows up.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Have you been watching them play? This team looks poised to run the table. They don’t look like a paper tiger to me. I think they’ve learned from last year.

My only question mark is which version of Vasilevsky shows up.
Yeah...they're indeed rolling...or have been until the past week or so. I catch a few games being in South Florida, but even though they can absolutely truck teams and go Globetrotters on them, beating teams one after another after another, teams who in many cases are unprepared for or unequipped to stop the speeding train they're tasked with being ready for in a 1-game setting, when you cut out the bottom-half of the league (from the playoffs) and give a 'good' team time to game-plan for them over the course of a seven-game series, they're just another of the few teams with a chance of advancing all the way through the bracket. I'd take the Caps and Pens over them today in a best-of-seven; and even Toronto or Boston would stand a reasonable chance of taking them out. Heck, if Columbus were to somehow matchup with them again, all bets are off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad