Proposal: Shattenkirk to NYR

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
It's crazy to think that Shattenkirk wouldn't help. Obviously there are other moves that need to be made to further help the cause, but I'd definitely be happy getting Shatty as a UFA next year.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Is saying that it doesn't make sense to trade one of our few good young players for a defenseman who really makes no difference for us? He's a great player, but the Rangers with or without Shattenkirk are a bubble playoff team, but certainly not a contender.

The Rangers with or without Shattenkirk will be the worst team in the Metro within 3 years.

Lets not act like that's how HF Rangers view Kreider, or at least a good portion of it.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Rangers fans overrate Kreider like Blues fans overrated Perron.

No they don't.

The ranger fan knows what Kreider is.

It is the potential that he still possesses that gives us pause in trading him.

IF he ever put it all together, he would be a monster. He has shown flashes of it.

It is not overrating- like saying the Blues wouldn't trade a a top prospect for any Ranger including McD- that is overrating and a bit delusional.

Kreider is worth the chance he turns out unless it is a very lopsided offer.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Would Nash and Klein for Shattenkirk be fair? Klein can replace Shattenkirk on the second pair (not nearly as good, but fills the spot) and is underpaid by about 2M which offsets some of Nash's high salary.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
No they don't.

The ranger fan knows what Kreider is.

It is the potential that he still possesses that gives us pause in trading him.

IF he ever put it all together, he would be a monster. He has shown flashes of it.

It is not overrating- like saying the Blues wouldn't trade a a top prospect for any Ranger including McD- that is overrating and a bit delusional.

Kreider is worth the chance he turns out unless it is a very lopsided offer.

Streaky players don't just stop being streaky, that's the problem. Every fanbase overrates the players that have very high physical gifts.

Players that have become high impact players on their NHL teams are not prospects.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
Would Nash and Klein for Shattenkirk be fair? Klein can replace Shattenkirk on the second pair (not nearly as good, but fills the spot) and is underpaid by about 2M which offsets some of Nash's high salary.

We can just start with the fact that it is impossible for the Blues to take on Nash's contract when they need to re-sign Schwartz.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

No and Blues don't need a replacment. That's the sole reason they are looking to move Shattenkirk. Colton Parayko is taking the 2nd pairing spot and 3rd pairing will be Bortuzzo

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Can't take the cap, and doubt we have much interest in either piece.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I love Shattenkirk but I have very little interest in moving top 6 forwards for a player AV is going to play on our 3rd pair. Fire the clown behind the bench first, and we'll talk.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
No and Blues don't need a replacment. That's the sole reason they are looking to move Shattenkirk. Colton Parayko is taking the 2nd pairing spot and 3rd pairing will be Bortuzzo
I most certainly would like to see a replacement that is better than Bortuzzo, but that can be found for cheap via FA or trade.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I'd rather it be Stepan than Kreider. He is more of a need and probably a better player.

If we're trading Stepan it's to get younger.

Shattenkirk does nothing for the Rangers. But to be fair there are very few players who do anything for us.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
If we're trading Stepan it's to get younger.

Shattenkirk does nothing for the Rangers. But to be fair there are very few players who do anything for us.

I can understand that, thought maybe with Brassard and some other guys like Miller and Hayes it might be an option. It's 2C for #2/3D both probably a 6.5M cap hit so I thought it might work. I can see why the Rangers would not wanna move Stepan.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I most certainly would like to see a replacement that is better than Bortuzzo, but that can be found for cheap via FA or trade.

He'll be on the 3rd paring playing 10-15min a night. I'm fine with Bortuzzo.

Either way...OT. back on topic, no realistic trade with the Rangers. The players we'd want are worth more then 1yr of Shattenkirk, and if he's willing to sign an extension...just wait till next year. Rangers ain't winning **** next year anyways. I'm sure this is why army wants a "done deal" before anyone can talk to him

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
No moves for Sahttenkirk please, Blues will be forced to take a discount and the NYR will have the opportunity to sign him next year without giving up assets if we ever figure out our muddled team direction

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I love Shattenkirk but I have very little interest in moving top 6 forwards for a player AV is going to play on our 3rd pair. .Fire the clown behind the bench first, and we'll talk

never have I been more in total agreement w/you!

I can understand that, thought maybe with Brassard and some other guys like Miller and Hayes it might be an option. It's 2C for #2/3D both probably a 6.5M cap hit so I thought it might work. I can see why the Rangers would not wanna move Stepan.

rangers MUST move Stepan, he earns a NMC after this season, which is defeated with a trade which he cannot stop. That is unique to him on top of need to move vets for prospects, picks. Must consolidate to optimize strategy for protections re expansion draft

So pls feel free to suggest a Stepan to Blues deal w/out Kreider, Miller, skjei, McIlrath

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I can't wait to see Shattenkirk traded to any team that isn't us. I am so sick and tired of these proposals where we trade a roster player for 1 year of Shattenkirk.

If he really wants to play for us, as many are suggesting, he can show that by signing with us as a free agent. Not giving up a player for 1 year of Shattenkirk.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Stepan has more value than 1 year of Shattenkirk. Stepan might even have more value than an extended Shattenkirk at the same cap hit (as Stepan, 6.5 per).

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Stepan has more value than 1 year of Shattenkirk. Stepan might even have more value than an extended Shattenkirk at the same cap hit (as Stepan, 6.5 per).

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say they are about the same value if contracts were equal. Any deal with Shattenkirk looks to be dependent on Shattenkirk signing an extension, that's why the teams would eventually get permission to talk with the agent and why a deal with the Oilers fell through.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Why should the Rangers pay up for Shattenkirk when they could just wait it out until he hits free agency next summer? Sorry Blues fans, but Armstrong isn't in the driver seat here. You won't like the return unless you can get it from Boston, Montreal, etc.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Why should the Rangers pay up for Shattenkirk when they could just wait it out until he hits free agency next summer? Sorry Blues fans, but Armstrong isn't in the driver seat here. You won't like the return unless you can get it from Boston, Montreal, etc.

It's no guarantee that Shattenkirk will sign with the Rangers as a UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->