Proposal: Shattenkirk or Fowler to NJD

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Larkin was confirmed at the 2015 draft, it was debunked for just the 2016 draft. It was just poor journalism by the Red Wings writer, which JR retweeted and then it took off.

Ah ok, that's what I first thought but then other info led me to believe it was completely debunked. Given that it was 2015, it shows Army was willing to give up 2 yrs of Shattenkirk for an unproven prospect.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Ah ok, that's what I first thought but then other info led me to believe it was completely debunked. Given that it was 2015, it shows Army was willing to give up 2 yrs of Shattenkirk for an unproven prospect.

Sure, he was unproven, but almost all people that follow the NHL had a very high belief that Larkin was going to be an instant impact.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Sure, he was unproven, but almost all people that follow the NHL had a very high belief that Larkin was going to be an instant impact.

That's not what I'm trying to really get at. I'm more saying how Armstrong isn't dead set of now pieces for Hitch's final cup run. His eye is on the future imo

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That's not what I'm trying to really get at. I'm more saying how Armstrong isn't dead set of now pieces for Hitch's final cup run. His eye is on the future imo

Definitely. I think his target is ideal target is 25ish and under, someone to fit in with the younger core.

Whitsmith803

Jul 11, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Okay so 2 unproven prospects is going to get you Kevin Shattenkirk signed long term, Yeah good luck with this Army will want more proven players then both Zacha and Santini that's for sure.

You sure about that? I wouldn't think the Devils would get T-Hall for A-Larsson trade yet they did. Look at it this way- Devils trade Larsson, Zacha, Santini and get Hall and Shattenkirk- hell of an off-season.

I believe Army is looking for VALUE and with the Cap and expansion I think it changes things. Two less players you have to protect in the expansion draft and controlled players for years. Getting the 6th overall pick is no small task either one with size and skill.

Pavel Zacha-1ST ROUND (6TH OVERALL), 2015
Steve Santini- 2ND ROUND (42ND OVERALL),2013

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
You sure about that? I wouldn't think the Devils would get T-Hall for A-Larsson trade yet they did. Look at it this way- Devils trade Larsson, Zacha, Santini and get Hall and Shattenkirk- hell of an off-season.

I believe Army is looking for VALUE and with the Cap and expansion I think it changes things. Two less players you have to protect in the expansion draft and controlled players for years. Getting the 6th overall pick is no small task either one with size and skill.

Pavel Zacha-1ST ROUND (6TH OVERALL), 2015
Steve Santini- 2ND ROUND (42ND OVERALL),2013

Yeah but bottom line Ray Shero isn't moving those guys out, Unless Shattenkirk signs a long term extension with the Devils and those odds are like Nil.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
The Devils are in no position to move 2 up and coming pieces in Zacha and Santini for someone like Fowler or Shattenkirk.

I think the Devils will sit tight and make a move with a team that's looking to lose a key blueliner to the expansion draft. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see a package surrounding our 2017 1st round pick and a young forward like Boucher, Blandisi and possibly Quenneville but that might be less likely.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
PAVEL ZACHA and STEVEN SANTINI - for KEVIN SHATTENKIRK with him signing long term

As a Blues fan, I would absolutely do this. Army seems way more open to futures for Shatty than he was for Oshie (at least according to the Blues main beat writer, Jeremy Rutherford) and Zacha especially is NHL ready anyway. That said, I don't see any way NJ does this, even with an extended Shatty.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
The Devils simply aren't trading their two best prospects for Shattenkirk even on an extension. Zacha for Shattenkirk straight up probably isn't happening either to be honest. The organization thinks very highly of him and I'd imagine Shero wants to see what they have in their 6th overall pick before trading him. That's just what I believe the team thinks.

As for me, I personally wouldn't deal Zacha but I'd be open to trading Santini, especially with Shattenkirk coming back. Santini is a pretty good guy to build a package around, I'm just not sure what we'd have to add. I'm lost as to his value in a trade in an extended Shattenkirk.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The Devils simply aren't trading their two best prospects for Shattenkirk even on an extension. Zacha for Shattenkirk straight up probably isn't happening either to be honest. The organization thinks very highly of him and I'd imagine Shero wants to see what they have in their 6th overall pick before trading him. That's just what I believe the team thinks.

As for me, I personally wouldn't deal Zacha but I'd be open to trading Santini, especially with Shattenkirk coming back. Santini is a pretty good guy to build a package around, I'm just not sure what we'd have to add. I'm lost as to his value in a trade in an extended Shattenkirk.
I understand the lack of interest in moving Zacha but the Blues wouldn't have much interest in Santini given our RHD depth

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
I understand the lack of interest in moving Zacha but the Blues wouldn't have much interest in Santini given our RHD depth

Yeah, I don't think the teams actually make good trading partners. The Devils are more reluctant to give up futures/prospects like Zacha. They'd probably have more interest in moving Boucher, Blandisi, etc. which isn't really going to get a deal done.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
The Blues are not getting a king's ransom for a guy less than a year from UFA. It just doesn't happen. The opportunity to get that huge return slipped away when Shattenkirk turned down Edmonton. Shattenkirk will do better for himself on an open market.

No team is giving up key futures even if Shattenkirk is agreeable to an extension with them unless that team has expendable futures. You're not going to find many teams that have expendable futures + are able to afford Shattenkirk's extension in the area of the country he (rumored) wants to go. At least as of today.

I can see an unprotected first round pick easily being part of the return. I can easily see a prospect being included, but key prospects from a team like the Devils, just no. In the Devils perspective, guys like Zacha etc. are completely off the table for Shattenkirk and its a lot smarter to wait for our crack at him.

It's Yandle 2.0.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad