Proposal: Shattenkirk or Fowler to NJD

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
After the Hall/Larsson trade and even with the Lovejoy signing the Devils still need help on the blueline. Badly.

Greene - Severson
Merrill - Lovejoy
Moore - Santini

I think Santini needs another year tops in the AHL, I'm not too trusting in Merrill's abilities and Moore was streaky last season. Not a fan of those lines as is. So, same proposal for both the Ducks and the Blues. Let me know how out to lunch I am.

2017 1st round pick
One of Reid Boucher/Joseph Blandisi

For either:
Kevin Shattenkirk or Cam Fowler

And for Shattenkirk I'd prefer if that came with an extension. Fowler I'm fairly certain has one year left after this upcoming season so that would give us something to work with.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I mean if that's the best we can do I guess I wouldn't mind but I'd prefer someone a little more proven.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
After the Hall/Larsson trade and even with the Lovejoy signing the Devils still need help on the blueline. Badly.

Greene - Severson
Merrill - Lovejoy
Moore - Santini

I think Santini needs another year tops in the AHL, I'm not too trusting in Merrill's abilities and Moore was streaky last season. Not a fan of those lines as is. So, same proposal for both the Ducks and the Blues. Let me know how out to lunch I am.

2017 1st round pick

For either:

And for Shattenkirk I'd prefer if that came with an extension. Fowler I'm fairly certain has one year left after this upcoming season so that would give us something to work with.
Hate to break it to you, But none of those pieces are going to land you either one of Fowler or Shattenkirk tons of teams could beat this offer for either one.

SirPaste

Jun 30, 2010
STL
1st round pick is a good start, neither prospect does anything for me though. Id rather just do Shatty extended for something around Zacha

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
That's fair enough.

But in terms of value that is what an extended Shattenkirk is worth.

Not really an indictment, but Devil fans LOVE their own players.

Go back and look at the pre-trade Larsson threads. The general consensus was that he was worth more than Hall.

They don't like to talk about moving top prospects.

Thank goodness for them, their GM does not subscribe to the same philosophy.

I fully expect the Devils to be THE major destination for Shatt, and yes, one of their top prospects and a 1st or handful of top picks will be going the other way.

Devils will be setting themselves up to be a very good team.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
They traded a RHD to land Hall? :laugh:

3Gpey.jpg

But I do agree that I think New Jersey might be the new destination for Shattenkirk.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Not really an indictment, but Devil fans LOVE their own players.

Go back and look at the pre-trade Larsson threads. The general consensus was that he was worth more than Hall.

They don't like to talk about moving top prospects.

Thank goodness for them, their GM does not subscribe to the same philosophy.

I fully expect the Devils to be THE major destination for Shatt, and yes, one of their top prospects and a 1st or handful of top picks will be going the other way.

Devils will be setting themselves up to be a very good team.

this just isn't true.

find me one post where a Devils fan said Larsson had MORE VALUE than Hall.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
The Blues are trying to compete, and the only reason they would take futures for a premium asset like Shattenkirk would be to get a future 1C. Otherwise, it's smarter to just keep Shatty for another run.

I hear you. Most Devils fans were ok with the decision to let Parise walk for free because we made it to the finals with him that year.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
For me, i'm asking for Zacha. Otherwise i'm not interested really. They can extend Shatty. That's my base and whatever needs to be added can be negotiated

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Shattenkirk's trade value goes down as the season goes on as he gets closer to UFA. He's going to land a premium the Devils aren't in the market to pay today if he's traded before the season starts. While I think we have pieces to get a deal done, its just too pricy at the moment. I do think we're a possible landing spot, but only if it goes to the deadline or next offseason. If the Blues want one more run, let them keep him and we get him next summer for a new contract without giving up anything in terms of assets.

Fowler may be the "easier" get in terms of cost, but if he's the only option, I'd rather wait til around the deadline and see what/who else becomes available. With the expansion draft forcing teams hands in terms of who they have to protect etc. we may see some unexpected names hit the trade block around the deadline in attempts to get something for pieces that can't be kept.

The Devils aren't in a position to trade futures unless we're winning the trade (i.e. Hall for Larsson). While I gladly offer the 1st in a deal for Shattenkirk if it presented itself today, the Blues likely will get a more of what they need from teams more willing to part with tangible parts right now. If the Blues have a slow start, Shattenkirk will be more affordable in trade at the deadline.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
2017 1st round pick

For either:

Neither Reid or Blandisi are that interesting of pieces for the Blues. I don't think either one makes the Blues roster as anything more than cheap depth. We already have a Rattie, who is similar (undersized scorer who had success at lower levels) and we can't fit him into our top 9 to see what we have. Those two are a little more NHL proven having played well for some games last year, but still not overly exciting.

The real draw would be your first. The whole deal hinges on whether you'd be a high lottery team next year or not. If its a top 10 pick, its a good deal. If its a mid-first, much less so. With the additions of Hall and then Shatty/Fowler, that makes high lottery still possible but a lot less likely. You were already a middle-ish pick this year. I don't take the gamble. I'd need better assets.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
this just isn't true.

find me one post where a Devils fan said Larsson had MORE VALUE than Hall.

Seriously that's one of the biggest loads of ******** I have read in a while. We always said it would take an overpayment to get Larsson out of NJ because we knew what we had in him. And we were right, but none of us ever thought he was more valuable than Hall. Just simply untrue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->