Speculation: Shattenkirk & Fowler?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Who thinks these guys last until the deadline with drastically reduced rates just so they can be dealt?

There's no way Fowler would be moved at the deadline. He'll either be moved this off-season or the next one. The only way he'd be traded at the deadline would be is if the Ducks were way behind in the playoff race. I could see us regressing, but since the Pacific is weak, I don't see us being that far out of it, so no way will they move a core piece like Fowler midseason.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Doubt it. Armstrong already stated his draft asking price was too high.

And he would've received Hall because of it if Shattenkirk was willing to sign with Edmonton, but he didn't want to be there.

Shattenkirk is either moved at a high price now, as the top rental at the deadline, or we keep him as our "rental" for a playoff run.

McPhatty00

Apr 23, 2014
State College, PA
There's no way Fowler would be moved at the deadline. He'll either be moved this off-season or the next one. The only way he'd be traded at the deadline would be is if the Ducks were way behind in the playoff race. I could see us regressing, but since the Pacific is weak, I don't see us being that far out of it, so no way will they move a core piece like Fowler midseason.

How many D are the Ducks planning on protecting?

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Both will still have a high price.

And neither will get it.

Both guys will end up moving for less than what was expected almost certainly. Fowler will get traded for less. Shattenkirk will walk or have his rights moved.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
And neither will get it.

Both guys will end up moving for less than what was expected almost certainly. Fowler will get traded for less. Shattenkirk will walk or have his rights moved.

Can you also provide next week's Powerball numbers? Thanks.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And what's the point of your OP? You are asking a question if their GM will purposely hold on to them, just to trade them at a lower rate. If that was their plan, they'd just accept the value now.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
And neither will get it.

Shattenkirk walking just means that whatever was offered to the Blues wasn't worth downgrading their team this year. There's nothing wrong with that.

Fowler will get traded for less than what? I actually think Fowler will be traded for much more than people think, but I also think many Duck fans, including myself, will be upset because the deal won't make us better now.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Even that crazy ******* Bergevin wouldn't move a 1st for Fowler.

Life is tough. To Anaheim, Fowler is worth more than that. In the East, he apparently isn't. I'd rather he leave through expansion and help our team in one last season than bring back a door prize.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Was that confirmed? Maybe GMBM didn't want to move Fowler for the 1st. I don't think we know for sure.

Confirmed, no? Dregger and Freidman speculated that Buffalo and Montreal didn't want to give up their top 10 picks. No reason to discuss that here though. Will just turn into a "Fowler is a #4 defenseman" thread.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I could see Shattenkirk staying in St. Louis more than Fowler in Anaheim.

I think the ducks are so deep with d prospects they would be best to trade him for a Perron replacement.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I could see Shattenkirk staying in St. Louis more than Fowler in Anaheim.

I think the ducks are so deep with d prospects they would be best to trade him for a Perron replacement.

I think Shattenkirk is too expensive for St.Louis to keep and doesn't work as Pietrangelo and Parayko can easily handle the top 2 RD slots.

They could maybe trade Shattenkirk for a talented LD to balance things out. Given the budget of St.Louis etc though, I don't see it working out there.

Fowler may stay in Anaheim but they have to figure out how to get rid of Stoner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->