Confirmed with Link: Shattenkirk and Copley for 2017 1st, 2019 Cond' 2nd, Sanford and Malone

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
All this talk of who we can keep, who we can't, who we should let go, who is worth what..... who cares. It's just about right now and the cup. No matter what - this core of players that we keep or don't keep will never have this talented a roster again.

If Oshie, Alzner, Shattenkirk, and Williams all leave for more $$$ but we have a cup - I'll still love them for forever haha

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Alzner is so under valued by our fans sometimes it's sad.

Was looking through some fancy stats today.

2015-16:
Alzner + Niskanen = 50.1 CF%

2016-17:
Alzner + Niskanen = 50.4 CF%
Alzner + Carlson = 45.5 CF%

Are we really sure that Alzner's regressed, and he's not just playing with a worse partner?

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA

2015-16:

2016-17:

Are we really sure that Alzner's regressed, and he's not just playing with a worse partner?

Alzner hate is ridiculous.

People may bring up fancy stats - but for a defensive defenseman found against other teams top lines - of course shot differential isn't going to be equal for him.

Caps #1 in goals against in NHL and Alzner is a anchor to that D - especially on the PK.

People just always have to pick a guy to hate on. Last year it was Johansson.... this year it's Alzner.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

2015-16:

2016-17:

I'll respond in main roster thread.

Last edited:

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Orlov's a ****ing beast, that play on the 1st goal today was by him was all kinds of savage

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Zero-sum game?? You mean in terms of cap hits?

Yes and I think most feel getting rid or Orpik's contract, even with his much better play this season compared to last, would require a sweetener. Plus I think you need to take into account what sides they can effectively play.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Shattenkirk is a very strong addition. He has some bite to his game too that I like.

Sucks we lost Sanford but its a deal that had to be made if on the table.

Surprised he immediately played on the PP with no practice and within moments delivered a pass to Ovechkin that Carlson and Niskanen would have a 1 in 20 chance of making. Perfect pace and right in his wheelhouse just like prime Mike Green would make.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->