GDT: Sharks vs Kings not at 8pm (7:30pm) Vlasic out, Simek GTD, Melker Milestone

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does the rules allow to buyout a player with a NMC? I don't remember, but I vaguely seem to think so.

I tend to agree about a potential lockout. The players definitely signaled they willing to fight in hiring Fehr.
I'm actually not completely sure of this, but I'm sure players with NMC's have been bought before.

And yeah, Fehr probably wants to fight Bettman one more time, so get ready. I was hoping he would retire after the last time.

Reactions: Sandisfan

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
But but but we suck. How is this possible.
dXt1kKo.gif

Reactions: Caesar Rex and NiWa

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This is the only realistic trade I see happening short of Vlasic somehow getting pissed and wanting to leave to anywhere. I don't think Wilson would ever ask him to waive and I don't see why Vlasic would ask to be moved unless they relegate him to a 3rd line role and take away all his minutes which PDB will never do.

I just don't see Vlasic's frustrations with this season getting to such a point that he will want out. I know fans may want him out but I don't think DW, the coaches, or Pickles himself would be there after this year. While we know he's been declining for a couple years now, there hasn't been any indication from anyone on the inside that they view it the same way.

Does the rules allow to buyout a player with a NMC? I don't remember, but I vaguely seem to think so.

I tend to agree about a potential lockout. The players definitely signaled they willing to fight in hiring Fehr.

The NMC only prevents a team from putting the player on waivers prior to the buyout without his consent. If the player doesn't consent, the waiver portion of the buyout process is bypassed. As it relates to Vlasic though, he's essentially buyout proof with the contract he signed. With all the signing bonuses involved, you don't save enough money off the cap to justify buying him out. My guess is that while I agree with the likelihood of a lockout, I doubt that an amnesty buyout will be included this time around so I think we're stuck with Vlasic until 2023 when he can be traded to three teams without his consent. I assume one of them will be Montreal and we'll make a move then.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Honestly, aside from the cap considerations it doesn't bother me to have Vlasic and Braun as a third pair. Given third pair matchups, they should be an upgrade over Heed, Ryan, or whoever else we could throw out there. The hard part is convincing the coaches to use them as a third pair and not the marquee shutdown pair they were five years ago.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Honestly, aside from the cap considerations it doesn't bother me to have Vlasic and Braun as a third pair. Given third pair matchups, they should be an upgrade over Heed, Ryan, or whoever else we could throw out there. The hard part is convincing the coaches to use them as a third pair and not the marquee shutdown pair they were five years ago.

Agreed but it's up to PDB to deploy them a little more appropriately to their performance level. I wouldn't say take them entirely off of shutdown duties but they wouldn't be my first choice in every situation where that comes up. They should just roll the pairings instead of matching them up or deploying based on zone starts. I also don't tend to care for PDB starting Burns-Karlsson in a defensive zone start either but it happens. lol

I like that he's shown some willingness to acknowledge issues and change them. I'm sure the players loved that as I would think it showed them that the coaches are trying to hold themselves accountable and take responsibility like they have their backs. That change backed me off a bit and made me willing to give it a bit and while it's mostly good with some things to work out, I think they're going in the right direction since then. It's still early but there's a lot to like.

Reactions: NWSharkie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad