GDT: Sharks vs Kings not at 8pm (7:30pm) Vlasic out, Simek GTD, Melker Milestone

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
Jesus, that Passington thing took a long time to write. Every time the thread was live-updating, it would boot me back to page 1 and force me to click "back" and hope I didn't lose too much of what I had written.
To be honest it wouldn't even be difficult to fix it. Just stop auto updates if the reply text field isn't blank.

if(textField != ""){
autoUpdate = false;
}

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

Sorry, stayed even later than I anticipated in my announcement of a delay. Anyway, we have two SNOGs tonight.

Just beat the Kings!

Shawks 3/1
Meir/EK9/Burns
Anze

3-1 sharks

Pavs, Kane, donskoi

Carter

Congrats to socalsharksfan for your 2nd SNOG of the season (and 2nd in a row amongst games with a SNOG), and congrats to seroes for what seems to be your first career SNOG!

SNOG 2019-01-07 socalsharksfan seroes.jpg

#Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 3 vs DucksnoneDucks 5-2
2Oct. 5 at KingsPackShark, HOOCH2173, Herschel, Ol Dirty PirateSharks 3-2 OT
3Oct. 8 at IslandersnoneIslanders 4-0
4Oct. 9 at FlyersnoneSharks 8-2
5Oct. 11 at RangersnoneRangers 3-2 OT
6Oct. 14 at DevilsnoneDevils 3-2
7Oct. 18 vs SabresfasterthanlightSharks 5-1
8Oct. 20 vs IslandersBaileyMacTavish, Kcoyote3Sharks 4-1
9Oct. 23 at PredatorsnoneSharks 5-4
10Oct. 26 at HurricanesnoneHurricanes 4-3 SO
11Oct. 28 at DucksnoneSharks 4-3 OT
12Oct. 30 vs RangersnoneRangers 4-3 SO
13Nov. 1 vs Blue JacketsnoneBlue Jackets 4-1
14Nov. 3 vs Flyersrangerssharks414Sharks 4-3 OT
15Nov. 6 vs WildFeedingFrenzySharks 4-3
16Nov. 8 at StarsnoneStars 4-3
17Nov. 9 at BluesnoneBlues 4-0
18Nov. 11 vs FlamesnoneSharks 3-1
19Nov. 13 vs PredatorsnoneSharks 5-4
20Nov. 15 vs Maple LeafsnoneMaple Leafs 5-3
21Nov. 17 vs BluesnoneSharks 4-0
22Nov. 20 vs OilersnoneOilers 4-3 OT
23Nov. 23 vs CanucksnoneSharks 4-0
24Nov. 24 at Golden KnightsnoneVegas 6-0
25Nov. 27 at SabresSFtoBostonSabres 3-2 OT
26Nov. 28 at Maple LeafsnoneMaple Leafs 5-3
27Dec. 1 at SenatorsnoneSenators 6-2
28Dec. 2 at CanadiensnoneSharks 3-1
29Dec. 5 vs HurricanesnoneSharks 5-1
30Dec. 7 at StarsSJSharksfan39Stars 3-2
31Dec. 8 at CoyotesSJSharksfan39Sharks 5-3
32Dec. 10 vs DevilsBizz, Tkachuk4MVPSharks 5-2
33Dec. 13 vs StarsHOOCH2173, InsigniaSharks 3-2
34Dec. 16 at BlackhawksnoneSharks 7-3
35Dec. 18 at WildnoneSharks 4-0
36Dec. 20 vs JetsnoneJets 5-3
37Dec. 22 vs KingsnoneKings 3-2 OT
38Dec. 23 vs CoyotesnoneCoyotes 4-3 SO
39Dec. 27 vs Duckssocalsharksfan, Nolan11Sharks 4-2
40Dec. 29 at OilersnoneSharks 7-4
41Dec. 31 at FlamesnoneFlames 8-5
42Jan. 2 at AvalanchenoneSharks 5-4
43Jan. 5 vs LightningnoneSharks 5-2
44Jan. 7 vs Kingssocalsharksfan, seroesSharks 3-1
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank
2018-19 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
T-1.HOOCH2173, SJSharksfan39, socalsharksfan2
T-4.BaileyMacTavish, Bizz, fasterthanlight, FeedingFrenzy, Herschel, Insignia, Kcoyote3, Nolan11, Ol Dirty Pirate, PackShark, rangerssharks414, seroes, SFtoBoston, Tkachuk4MVP1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
Does anyone think that the last two games is showing to DW that if we can sign EK, then we really have an abundance of NHL D? MEV and Braun won't want to miss too many games if we go on a streak..

Reactions: Sandisfan

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Does anyone think that the last two games is showing to DW that if we can sign EK, then we really have an abundance of NHL D? MEV and Braun won't want to miss too many games if we go on a streak..
I hope it shows all of management that Vlasic and Braun are no longer required to play for the Sharks and spending the combined 10m+ on EK is more valuable.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
I hope it shows all of management that Vlasic and Braun are no longer required to play for the Sharks and spending the combined 10m+ on EK is more valuable.

The only thing is, if somehow Vlasic gets back to his form come playoff time and somehow manages to become the premier shut down guy he can be, then this team could very well win a round or two in the playoffs.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sadly, both are bad and I’m not sure how much interest there could possibly be, so it doesn’t matter. Although someone may take Braun, who only has a year left after this and at a reasonable salary. His salary is reasonable, even though he isn’t good. A team that’s still fooled into thinking he’s good (I’m looking at you Dorion and Ottawa) might take the last year of him.

I don’t think anyone’s taking Vlasic though. That’s maybe the worst defense contract in the league after Seabrook and possibly one or two others I’m forgetting. Even if Vlasic weren’t this bad, his contract is still a detriment because of its term and how old he is for the duration of it.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
full

full

"I say, it appears that my newest compatriot, Erik, son of Karl, has established himself as quite the distributor of the scoring disc with the aim of generating precedents to positive scoring markers. If this is the case, perhaps it means my position on the squadron as the primary creator of others' successes is being threatened. Perhaps that would indicate that it behooves me to alter my plan of distribution to one in which I simply finalize the effort and aim my distributions at the rear of the designated scoring area instead, recording such markers of my own volition. Wouldn't you agree this would be a fortuitous change of pace, my loyal compatriot?

full

"Indubitably, sir. Indubitably."

full

"Mmmyes, indeed."

Erik, son of Karl might be my new favorite thing on this forum. :biglaugh:

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Sadly, both are bad and I’m not sure how much interest there could possibly be, so it doesn’t matter. Although someone may take Braun, who only has a year left after this and at a reasonable salary. His salary is reasonable, even though he isn’t good. A team that’s still fooled into thinking he’s good (I’m looking at you Dorion and Ottawa) might take the last year of him.

I don’t think anyone’s taking Vlasic though. That’s maybe the worst defense contract in the league after Seabrook and possibly one or two others I’m forgetting. Even if Vlasic weren’t this bad, his contract is still a detriment because of its term and how old he is for the duration of it.

Disagree.

Braun is being undervalued. He is an experienced middle-pairing defenseman who is solid defensively and can chip in some points. He is the kind of players teams love to have. His contract is very reasonable.

Vlasic is having a very rough season but was fine before that. His issues do not appear to be physical; it is all mental and/or has to do with his deployment. Any team trading for him has a chance at getting a steal; in fact, I'd argue that if the Sharks traded Vlasic it could look like the Kiprusoff trade down the road.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
I'm not super impressed with Heed, so I won't feel too bad if he sits when MEV is back. There's no way to break up EK65 and Dillon right now, Simek seems like a good fit with Burns, which would leave Vlasic with Ryan playing on his off side? That would be a very good 3rd pairing if they were sheltered just a bit.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
When asked if Hertl has elevated Kane and Donskoi PDB said “they elevate each other.” No Pete, no.
Uh.. yes dude. Kane doesn't require Hertl to carry the mail the way Couture does and Donkey has been looking great weaving thru the neutral zone since being put with Hertl. They open up space for each other is a very appropriate response from PDB. Man you guys and your hate of Kane... it's really gone off the deep end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad