GDT: Sharks vs Islanders: 7:30pm. Payback edition.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Its a goal and jones is in net so shark fan reasoning its on jones. It could be a 5 on 0 against jones with jones stopping the 1st 5 shots before 1 trickling in under his arm and it would still be jones fault.

That is a terrifyingly plausible thing to happen to this team.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That goal was 100% Burns letting that guy go. He wasn’t even moving his legs when they scored. Saw him go around and then just ****ed right off.

So one player makes a mistake and suddenly Jones is faultless? That goal wasn’t 100% on anyone.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Lol I love the hyperbole around here. One expects a league average goaltender to make saves on unscreened shots 95% of the time. Jones is exceptionally poor at it.

The answer to hyperbole isn't to counter it with a gross oversimplification like you just did here.

Reactions: Tw1ster

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
when the dman steps up on the puck carrier, the forward has to be backchecking on the late man no?:

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
So one player makes a mistake and suddenly Jones is faultless? That goal wasn’t 100% on anyone.

Burns didn’t lose a footrace, he straight up never even moved his legs. Even if they had body position on him, Burns could have at least made it difficult by getting on his stick. I don’t fault Jones for getting hemmed in the net on a 2 on 1 like that. Burns should have gotten back to make the play.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Lol I love the hyperbole around here. One expects a league average goaltender to make saves on unscreened shots 95% of the time. Jones is exceptionally poor at it.

Yeah lets just pretend that was a simple unscreened shot that Jones let sneak by. Total bs

Reactions: Sandisfan

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast

I agree but sometimes unscreened one timers on surprisingly good passes will beat even the great goalies. There hasn’t been one goal against Jones this season that someone didn’t whine about. He hasn’t been good but he’s not gonna stop everything. Some goals aren’t on him, that was a great play that beat him

Reactions: Sandisfan

McDeez

Feb 8, 2007
San Jose
How many times do you see Jones step out and challenge a shot? Not many. He gives up too many spots to choose from by sitting pretty in the crease. It's frustrating

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad