GDT: Sharks vs. Capitals 7:00 EST Verizon Center

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Eagle_Attacks_Shark_by_Sirhaven.jpg

Looking for another solid effort, another test vs a solid west coast team.

Let's go.

XqoGalx.gif

Last edited:

Vladiator16*

Our overall record vs Sharks 10-22-1, home 6-11-0... seems like the team we just cant get a handle on, hopefully BT brought the "know how" from WC.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
We're gonna make it 2 in a row vs SJ. I feel they will out-choke us tonight.

#65 gets one and #-35 gets the other.

SJ will get one from that dude with the huge beard that plays forward and D.

A Finnish goalie will give up a softie in the 3rd to lose the game.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Our overall record vs Sharks 10-22-1, home 6-11-0... seems like the team we just cant get a handle on, hopefully BT brought the "know how" from WC.

yeah.. was thinking this as well..

I'm hoping he's brought the "know how" all together and it doesn't matter who we're playing. My biggest fear is this team has been mentally weak for years. I'd like to have confidence that is no longer a problem under Trotz.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Good read on Holtby. Shared by Goalie Guild from Washington post. Pretty much confirms more of the Oates sucks, not that anyone needed convincing.

“Last year, based on the frustration and everything, I thought what helped me survive it was I had that background,” Holtby said. “Last year, the biggest help I’m going to get moving forward is I kept working on the psychology part of it and trying to get stronger. It was a year full of adversity. That’s where you can really gain in your mental preparation.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/capitals/washington-capitals-goalie-braden-holtby-is-seeing-and-believing/2014/10/13/3d114154-5310-11e4-892e-602188e70e9c_story.html

Vladiator16*

yeah.. was thinking this as well..

I'm hoping he's brought the "know how" all together and it doesn't matter who we're playing. My biggest fear is this team has been mentally weak for years. I'd like to have confidence that is no longer a problem under Trotz.

We looked very good the first 2, hopefully it's a good sign, but SJ didn't look too shabby either with 2 shutouts to start the season... Don't wanna even try to predict this one, just hope for a win.

Need an obligatory gif of that woman throwing a table... worked vs Boston :laugh:

Jedgi

Feb 12, 2008
I'm not sure how many the Caps will score, but I feel they are due to give up 3 or 4.

5-4 Caps in OT?

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
We looked very good the first 2, hopefully it's a good sign, but SJ didn't look too shabby either with 2 shutouts to start the season... Don't wanna even try to predict this one, just hope for a win.

Need an obligatory gif of that woman throwing a table... worked vs Boston :laugh:

Agreed, usually when you think its going to be a 1-0 or 2-1 game it's suddenly a blow out score wise.. :laugh:

and done. :handclap:

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Hoping we see another 60 min effort.

Love what I've seen of 1st line so far. They've been downright dominant in 2 games. Hope that continues.

Need to see some chemistry with that 2nd line.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Were they not in sync in Boston? Bura and Majo at least looked great together against Montreal.

I'll be making my first trip to Verizon in a couple if years. Let's Go Caps!

I agree. MJ has looked pretty good so far in the first couple games.

The issue in Boston was the fact that we pretty much lost EVERY face off.

Its clear we need to sign David Steckel....

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Need to see some chemistry with that 2nd line.
Eh, they were solid against Montreal at least. It's the third line that needs to up their game. That whole anyone can do well between Chimera & Ward theory is being put to the test.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I'm not saying it has happened, but one of these days/seasons Chimmer and Ward are going to hit the wall. They're both pretty old for productive NHLers. Let's hope they can keep their play up for a few more seasons.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I thought the third line played a solid game against Boston. Didn't generate a lot of chances, but were physical on the forecheck and kept the puck on the right side of the ice more often than not.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I'm not saying it has happened, but one of these days/seasons Chimmer and Ward are going to hit the wall. They're both pretty old for productive NHLers. Let's hope they can keep their play up for a few more seasons.

Well Ward is a UFA after this season and Chimera has one more year after this one.

Their games translate pretty good in terms of aging but who knows if they will even be resigned? Caps may want some youngins to take those spots. I'd try to lock down Ward for one more year...just because...

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Were they not in sync in Boston? Bura and Majo at least looked great together against Montreal.

I'll be making my first trip to Verizon in a couple if years. Let's Go Caps!

Eh, they were solid against Montreal at least. It's the third line that needs to up their game. That whole anyone can do well between Chimera & Ward theory is being put to the test.

Don't get me wrong. They weren't bad at all. They didn't come close to doing anything to negatively impact the game. I just wanted to see a little more consistent offensive zone time, some nice pass plays, some scoring chances. Thats all.

And agreed about 3rd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad