GDT: Sharks visiting the Devils

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
How has True been?

I watched him alot throughout his time in Junior with Seattle. He continually got better each year and its not surprising to me at all he has made his way onto an NHL roster. He was a very well liked guy on a Seattle team that had Barzal(NYI) and Bear(EDM) on it.

Is he here to stay? Or do you guys expect him to be sent back to the AHL

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Ever since the Dillon trade, I've just had some weird vibes of this team. I think it was a known fact that Dillon would be traded, but now that it's happened, it feels like the season is truly over, which is weird since Dillon is only one player. Still, with that trade plus the injuries, plus just the disaster that this season has been, What can I get excited for? Heck, who's playing defense tonight?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Win.

At this time, it really does not matter other than pride ..... and trying your best to make sure Ottawa picks as late as possible.

Can i ask why? Look at the other bottom teams that have a chance to add a potential franchise forward if we fail to give ottawa a top 5 pick.

Bottom 5 teams right now are.

Detroit, kings, ottawa, devils, ducks. 2 of the bottom 5 are division rivals. The 6th worst is us.

As a shark fan we have 2 options to cheer for. One being more realistic then the other.

The 1st is to go on a major push and make the playoffs. Not very realistic.

The 2nd and better plan is to try and get ottawa a 2nd top 5 pick so that the kings and/or ducks do not get one of them.

Try to keep all top 5 picks in the east where they won't come to bite the sharks for years to come.

Reactions: Kegsey

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
How has True been?

I watched him alot throughout his time in Junior with Seattle. He continually got better each year and its not surprising to me at all he has made his way onto an NHL roster. He was a very well liked guy on a Seattle team that had Barzal(NYI) and Bear(EDM) on it.

Is he here to stay? Or do you guys expect him to be sent back to the AHL

He's been good. A lot of people had penciled him in as a future 4C for us for a while now, so it's nice to see him actually there. Not the best skater, but his positioning is solid. Good on the forecheck, plays solid big body hockey.

Our depth is absolute garbage, so he'll probably be up for the rest of the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him as a long-term 4C either, unless he completely nosedives.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Can i ask why? Look at the other bottom teams that have a chance to add a potential franchise forward if we fail to give ottawa a top 5 pick.

Detroit, kings, ottawa, devils, ducks. 2 of the bottom 5 are division rivals. The 6th worst is us.

As a shark fan we have 2 options to cheer for. One being more realistic then the other.

The 2nd and better plan is to try and get ottawa a 2nd top 5 pick so that the kings and/or ducks do not get one of them.

Try to keep all top 5 picks in the east where they won't come to bite the sharks for years to come.

To be honest, I really don't care where our pick goes. The draft is fairly hard to predict. We could end up handing Ottawa a top-5 pick and the Ducks or Kings trade up to get it. Similarly, we could win a few games, hand Ottawa a top-10 pick which they could trade to some other team in the West and that pick could be 'steal' which kills us for years to come.

I just want the kids on the team to learn how to win, follow a system and gain confidence for next season.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada

Interesting way to look at it. I like it.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He's been good. A lot of people had penciled him in as a future 4C for us for a while now, so it's nice to see him actually there. Not the best skater, but his positioning is solid. Good on the forecheck, plays solid big body hockey.

Our depth is absolute garbage, so he'll probably be up for the rest of the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him as a long-term 4C either, unless he completely nosedives.

I honestly dont see him nose diving... he slowly and steadily continues to improve. I dont see him becoming a top 6, but I wouldnt be surprised if he carves out a career as a solid 3rd liner. That's just judging how his junior career went and how he has steadily climbed the ranks in pro

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
To be honest, I really don't care where our pick goes. The draft is fairly hard to predict. We could end up handing Ottawa a top-5 pick and the Ducks or Kings trade up to get it. Similarly, we could win a few games, hand Ottawa a top-10 pick which they could trade to some other team in the West and that pick could be 'steal' which kills us for years to come.

I just want the kids on the team to learn how to win, follow a system and gain confidence for next season.

I just hope the wings get to keep the #1 pick. Nothing would make me more sick than Ottawa winning the Lafreniere sweepstakes with our 1st. LA or Anaheim getting him would be a kick in the nuts as well.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->