Sharks uniform concept

EyeSeeSharks

Aug 18, 2015
Hey guys, I would like to know how well uniform concepts are received here. I spend some of my free time designing hockey uniforms, NHL, minor league, Olympic, college... you name it.

anyways, here is an idea that was sort of a collaboration between me and another Shark fan. Stayed conservative with the home and away, but went a little modern with the black armor.

Thoughts?

sharks-uniformH_zpsxagpbsj0.png

sharks-uniformR_zpsvzseqaty.png

sharks-uniformA_zpscmmuwbnp.png

Last edited:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
The road and homes are still basically the exact same as they are now.

The black alternate basically just adds wavy lines on the shoulders/arms. The blacks look cool, but not enought to buy a new one.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I wanna say I like them...cuz in a vacuum, I think they're well done designs but I'm not sure how much I like the waist bandings and white parts when they're worn on players(from how I feel with other team's designs). Same goes with the pants stripe.

So, in summary, all three look fantastic. Not sure how I would feel seeing them on a player on the ice.

EyeSeeSharks

Aug 18, 2015
I wanna say I like them...cuz in a vacuum, I think they're well done designs but I'm not sure how much I like the waist bandings and white parts when they're worn on players(from how I feel with other team's designs). Same goes with the pants stripe.

So, in summary, all three look fantastic. Not sure how I would feel seeing them on a player on the ice.

The reason I have the waist striping that way was to be reminiscent of the original uniforms. That is also the reason why I swapped the placement of the teal and black on the road jersey. I don't consider myself at all a traditionalist when it comes to sports uniforms, but one thing I would like to see more of is pants stripes in hockey.

EyeSeeSharks

Aug 18, 2015
The road and homes are still basically the exact same as they are now.
Yes, they are. I feel they have something good to work with already but it looks incomplete without the hem stripes and collar striping

The black alternate basically just adds wavy lines on the shoulders/arms. The blacks look cool, but not enought to buy a new one.
That is actually a modified version of the now infamous "buffaslug" jerseys the Sabres briefly wore.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
These look really nice, good job. The Sharks could have one of the best looks in the league if they stopped with that heavy jersey patches and lines slows down the player theory garbage.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
These look really nice, good job. The Sharks could have one of the best looks in the league if they stopped with that heavy jersey patches and lines slows down the player theory garbage.

They have a pretty good kit right now regardless of the PR stuff. The last one was so busy even if it had the "classic" look.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Look well done for the most part, but the white waist banding looks like someone's bloomers are sticking out.

Hold the Pickles

Aug 16, 2003
03-K64
Look well done for the most part, but the white waist banding looks like someone's bloomers are sticking out.
Agreed. I think they're great, but maybe if there was teal below the white so that the white is two symmetrical stripes... But what do I know, these are immeasurably better than I could do.

Seriously, awesome job!

EyeSeeSharks

Aug 18, 2015
First concept I've actually really liked in a long time. Reminds me of the first gens, with a contemporary twist. Awesome job.
That was exactly what I was going for. I honestly don't remember the original unis being compared to exposed bloomers.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I like the alternates like others replied, but I would put the black and teal shoulder tops back on. The solid teal and white jerseys have some bad omen.

I don't find the stripes on the pants appealing, though.

EyeSeeSharks

Aug 18, 2015
I did another version of the home and road jerseys. Basically just adding hem stripes to the current uniforms, aside from the different shoulder patches and more detailed collar.

sharks2-uniformH_zpsuymjv82t.png

sharks2-uniformR_zps9szqn7lt.png

I think this home version is pretty much a push with the one I posted earlier, but I honestly prefer the first road version I did to this one. Either way, both road jerseys are a major improvement over the actual ones, which are true contenders for the blandest uniform in the NHL.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I did another version of the home and road jerseys. Basically just adding hem stripes to the current uniforms, aside from the different shoulder patches and more detailed collar.

I think this home version is pretty much a push with the one I posted earlier, but I honestly prefer the first road version I did to this one. Either way, both road jerseys are a major improvement over the actual ones, which are true contenders for the blandest uniform in the NHL.

It's funny that you say that because I remember everybody liking the white sweaters when they came out and hating on the teal ones. Not criticizing your work or anything. I just thought it was interesting.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011

I like these better

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009

:yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad