Rumor: Sharks trying to move Brenden Dillon, there are a few teams with interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Cap and Doug Wilson forcing poor Pete DeBoer to wade into uncharted waters inch by inch? Always saw PDB as a guy who sticks to his trusty veterans for too long. Will be interesting to see if they just sign a walking corpse or two from UFA for pennies or if they will really promote some young guys. Merkley's not ready for NHL next year yet is he?

They already forced DeBoer into the deep end by trading Braun. Braun was DeBoer’s life vest and he played far more minutes than Dillon; especially so in the playoffs. I think they’re going to throw poor Peter into the deep end.

My guess is they trade Dillon and sign somebody like Ben Lovejoy to a $1M/1Y deal in UFA.

Vlasic-Karlsson
Simek-Burns
Ryan or Ferraro-Lovejoy

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
They already forced DeBoer into the deep end by trading Braun. Braun was DeBoer’s life vest and he played far more minutes than Dillon; especially so in the playoffs. I think they’re going to throw poor Peter into the deep end.

My guess is they trade Dillon and sign somebody like Ben Lovejoy to a $1M/1Y deal in UFA.

Vlasic-Karlsson
Simek-Burns
Ryan or Ferraro-Lovejoy

I think they either go back with Heed if he wants to come back or give DeSimone or Woody a go. I can't see them signing a vet unless it's a crazy good deal and of a better quality than Lovejoy.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think they either go back with Heed if he wants to come back or give DeSimone or Woody a go. I can't see them signing a vet unless it's a crazy good deal and of a better quality than Lovejoy.

The coaching staff hasn’t shown any kind of faith in sheer. They’ve had him up for 2 years now and they’ve scratched him more than they’ve played him.

Lovejoy is a solid bottom pairing guy who is very good at killing penalties.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
JP? Joe Pavelski to the Oilers?

Or maybe Jesse Puljujarvi? Or there’s a JP RHD from AHL?

If we got Jesse Puljujarvi for Brenden Dillion, it would only cement Doug Wilson as an absolute legend.

It's Jesse Puljujarvi that she's referring to. That wouldn't even be a top-10 all-time Doug Wilson trade.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
JP? Joe Pavelski to the Oilers?

Or maybe Jesse Puljujarvi? Or there’s a JP RHD from AHL?

If we got Jesse Puljujarvi for Brenden Dillion, it would only cement Doug Wilson as an absolute legend.

Whoa let’s hope for Edm’s sake there would be more involved.

Even though Dillon would be one of their better defenders, the last thing they need is more cap tied up in bottom 4 Dmen. Especially at the expense of cheap forwards.

93oilerfan93

Apr 2, 2018
Russell might be on the way out in a separate deal
Wilson and holland were talking a lot at the draft
They drafted broberg so they can have a guy develop over the next couple of years
They have LHD
klefbom,sekera,jones,lagesson, samurkov

If they bring in dillion, its because of one player

Darnell nurse might get traded, hes not worth what hes going to get and i think the oilers might be in a position to sell high on him, i would do it if it meant ehlers or huberdeau(if they sign panarin)

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Russell might be on the way out in a separate deal
Wilson and holland were talking a lot at the draft
They drafted broberg so they can have a guy develop over the next couple of years
They have LHD
klefbom,sekera,jones,lagesson, samurkov

If they bring in dillion, its because of one player

Darnell nurse might get traded, hes not worth what hes going to get and i think the oilers might be in a position to sell high on him, i would do it if it meant ehlers or huberdeau(if they sign panarin)

How many games you think Sekera is gonna get this year? He has 60 in the past 2 seasons... IMO Dillion would be a replacement for him.

93oilerfan93

Apr 2, 2018
How many games you think Sekera is gonna get this year? He has 60 in the past 2 seasons... IMO Dillion would be a replacement for him.
Klefbom
Dillion
Sekera
Jones & lagesson can get some games in and oilers might bring in a 7th dman

So if sekera can play 55-60 that's good and he'll play 3rd pairing minutes

I have this weird feeling nurse might get moved

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I can’t see the Habs having interest. They need a legit top 4 LHD. They have enough of the 2nd and 3rd pair tweeners filling in.

It’s either someone to pair with Weber or Petry. To be honest Kulak played amazing with Petry through the season.

Mete has the chemistry with Weber too but the Habs need a legit top 4 and move one of them down to the 3rd pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->